New Site

As you can plainly see, I have upgraded the getgrav.org site with a new design. The process has taken several weeks and I think it’s pretty solid.

However, if you find any issues, please let me know and I’ll get them sorted ASAP!

Thanks!

Nicely done!

excellent

Wow…

very nice!

Great job! Is it based on a grav-theme?

nice, well designed, but imho the intro animation is a bit too heavy/much for cpu/graphics card especially for people with older pc/hardware. makes the mouse stuttering in firefox.(on 3.1 GHz quad core cpu)

@rhukster I really like that design, too. Its fresh, non-standard and well-suited for a CMS like Grav. :smiley:

Awesome

Superb! I really like the feel of it and the use of color.

Splendid new version)
However the homepage graphics looks colder, less specific. The picture on the previous version, while having an unreal feeling, had an emotional dimension. I guess developers are the main target, but Grav also has to reach across the chasm to get wider traction.

Eventually I was surprised nobody mentioned it but the blog doesn’t display all the posts from the past few months. At first I thought it was some kind of “featured” selection or tag grouping but I didn’t find a way to access the whole thread or some archives listing.

Blog is simplified and i’ve removed a lot of the ‘release’ post clutter. I don’t think a new blog post is required for every new release now. Major release milestones will still receive a blog post though. I don’t think an archive is required anymore as we now have a simple search mechanism.

It looks very good, though I agree with some of the comments above in regards to the graphics being relatively “heavy” compared to the previous site. Also, have you considered pairing this forum Q&A functionality? A lot of questions are answered in a similar manner, and I think it would be easier to look up answers if they were organized as such (akin to Stackoverflow), that is, in addition to having this free-flowing discussion forum and the Gitter room.

I did put in some optimization logic to disable the animation as soon as it’s out of view, also it’s only on the homepage. It just needs a little impact to get attention you know :slight_smile:

I like the idea of a stackoverflow type thing, but I worry about having too many places for information (docs, forum, gitter, twitter, etc). We would have to consolidate somehow.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: