Git Sync You have divergent branches and need to specify how to reconcile them

I’ve set up Git Sync for several sites but now on the new server I get the following message:

From https://bitbucket.org/… * branch master → FETCH_HEAD hint: You have divergent branches and need to specify how to reconcile them. hint: You can do so by running one of the following commands sometime before hint: your next pull: hint: hint: git config pull.rebase false # merge hint: git config pull.rebase true # rebase hint: git config pull.ff only # fast-forward only hint: hint: You can replace “git config” with “git config --global” to set a default hint: preference for all repositories. You can also pass --rebase, --no-rebase, hint: or --ff-only on the command line to override the configured default per hint: invocation. fatal: Need to specify how to reconcile divergent branches.

On the local machine, Git Sync runs and sends the changes to the remote repository.
The changes to the remote repository appear. However, on the server they are not downloaded and the message as above is displayed.

@q3d, Have you tried:

Yes, I’ve read it. For me, the problem occurs on the server where CMS GRAV is installed. How do I execute on the server:

git config --global pull.rebase true

?

When I add:

[pull] ff = only

in user/.git/config

I get the following message:

gitsync[output]: From https://bitbucket.org/…* branch master → FETCH_HEAD fatal: Not possible to fast-forward, aborting.

@q3d,

How do I execute on the server: git config --global pull.rebase true?

You can use ssh for that. See What is ssh?

The server administration (shared hosting) replied that I could not execute the following command on the server:

git config --global pull.rebase true

due to safety rules

@q3d, I’m afraid I have no more suggestions… I’m not a GitSync user. All I could do is some searching for you…

Thx!

I don’t understand why it doesn’t work.

1. I created a new remote repository (empty).
  2. I have configured Git Sync access on the production server to this new repository.
  3. I tried to synchronize: Error no master branch.
  4. I manually added the README file to the remote repository.
  5. I tried to synchronize and got the same error as before: “You have divergent branches and need to specify how to reconcile them.”

So what is the problem? On whose side: server configuration, server GIT configuration, Git Sync configuration, my ignorance?