Help need with "reconcile divergent branches"

(I posted this issue on the plugin Github page, but maybe someone here has a solution?
Help need with "reconcile divergent branches" · Issue #227 · trilbymedia/grav-plugin-git-sync · GitHub)

Hi, I have very basic knowledge of Git and I am having trouble syncing a site in my development server to GitHub.
Wizard says that connection to the repository has been successful, but when I try to sync I get this error:

From https://github.com/joaoribeirovaz/cr_2023                                   
* branch            development -> FETCH_HEAD                                   
hint: You have divergent branches and need to specify how to reconcile them.     
hint: You can do so by running one of the following commands sometime before     
hint: your next pull:                                                            
hint:                                                                            
hint:   git config pull.rebase false  # merge                                    
hint:   git config pull.rebase true   # rebase                                   
hint:   git config pull.ff only       # fast-forward only                        
hint:                                                                            
hint: You can replace "git config" with "git config --global" to set a default   
hint: preference for all repositories. You can also pass --rebase, --no-rebase,  
hint: or --ff-only on the command line to override the configured default per    
hint: invocation.                                                                
fatal: Need to specify how to reconcile divergent branches.  

I have no clue where to use the commands in the hints in the development server.
I have other sites with sit-sync working, but can’t seem to get past this error here.

Any help is welcome! :pray:

After a comment on Github by w00fz I added

[pull]
  ff = only

to the .git \ config file and it started to sync. :partying_face: