Edit image metafile via admin plugin?

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to Grav but really like using it (and this forum is by way the best designed I have ever seen). I just have one thing I would like to do with Grav but wasn’t able to:

Is there a way (plugin or a workaround) that allows me to edit the metafiles of images via the admin plugin? Nice features would be:

• Editing an existing metafile (includes editing of existing values and adding of new values)
  • Auto-creating a metafile when uploading an image

Or is there another way to do this? It is important to me, that this can be done via the admin plugin as I do not want to give FTP access to the content editors.

If this is not possible at the moment: Is there any way I could contribute to add such a functionality to Grav? I would imagine that this will be useful for others too.

5 Likes

Very good suggestion, I would love to do that too.

Something we are working on!

3 Likes

I was just wishing for this same feature. So great to hear that you’re working on it.

Are there any news about this topic? I would need that feature right now as well. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I created a plugin for this functionality. It would be amazing if others could test it and maybe even contribute to it:

github.com/clivebeckett/grav-plugin-admin-addon-media-metadata

This addon for the Admin plugin adds mediafile.meta.yaml files for each uploaded media file and provides a form for editing title/alt/caption in those *.meta.yaml files. The form and editable data can be configured (see README.md). Manually added data in mediafile.meta.yaml files will not be editable via the form but will also not be overwritten.

3 Likes