Taxonomy issue

While running Grav on local server on Windows (tried Wamp, Xampp, Desktop Server) I’m getting a following message when I click on any taxonomy link. Example: Forbidden - You don’t have permission to access /tag:photography on this server. - Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. What’s the problem there? Thank you!

There’s a well known issue with Apache on windows that basically causes 403 forbidden errors when you try to use a colon (:) in a URL. The short version is that because windows uses letter an colon for drive and path (e.g. C:), this is automatically denied when used in a URL for security reasons. This is an Apache specific issue and other webservers don’t suffer this issue (e.g. Nginx).

However, Grav is awesome, and as such you can change the default param separator via the configuration

Or you can use a better OS like Mac or Linux that doesn’t have such crazy folder structures :slight_smile:

Thank you for your quick response. This resolved my problem. I must have missed it in tutorial which is well written, btw. :slight_smile:
Just starting with the Grav and I’m amazed with the system. Intuitive and relatively easy. Really enjoying learning it.