So many broken plugins or is it just me?

I started to build my website with Grav CMS yesterday but about half of the plugins what I have tried just crash my website.
Media embedded, Flickr etc. are Grav CMS plugins really this broken or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

@Whig, You’re hitting on a big frustration of mine… See Theme repository cleanup and quality control · getgrav/grav · Discussion #3490 · GitHub

The problem exists for both themes and plugins.

The two plugins you mention have seen there last update 6 and 7 years ago. Many new versions of Grav have arrived since (1.1 - 1.7.x) and the same holds for Twig and PHP.

Yep I was thinking something like that too when I checked how old those plugins are.
I wish that there would be someway to know which plugins/themes are actually working.

When I was choosing CMS I checked that this CMS has plugins that do what I needed and has nice themes but now it looks like that it doesn’t have what I needed :-/
Now I found one plugin which I can use to add videos from youtube and it kind of work but it settings doesn’t do anything. Video stays same size even if I choose different sized from the settings of that plugin.
Flickr plugin was ok until I added API-key,Secret Key, and ID and after that it crashed.

I tried to find some kind of “Report not working plugin” but didn’t find that either.

Grav has this far been really nice and fast but there has to be better way to use/have plugins and themes than this.

At least it’s really easy to remove plugin that crash your side and admin panel via SSH.

@Whig,

I tried to find some kind of “Report not working plugin” but didn’t find that either.

It would be a start to be able to centrally mark outdated/incompatible/broken plugins and themes.

Yeah that’s true… Sadly so many things seems to be bit outdated with this CMS :-/
Even on admin panel half of the news are marked “2 Years ago” I really wish that I could keep using this CMS but I don’t is it possible when nothing seems to be kept updated.

@Whig,

Even on admin panel half of the news are marked “2 Years ago”

That hasn’t got anything to do with Admin itself, but with notifications and blog feed that don’t receive frequent updates.

Yep probably true but that is something what you see right away when you have installed Grav+Admin and it doesn’t give so good first impression.
But outdated plugins and themes are of course much bigger problem.

:space_invader: BUMP. Same issues here. I’m going to start a new topic for this so I can emphasize the issue in the topic title. Let’s see if we can get some attention.

Here it is: 📢 **HELP!** Plugin & Theme Maintenance