I’ve been following Grav for a while. And I’ve built a couple of simple site with it.
It’s “Da bomb” if you ask me. For lots of reason already mentioned plenty of time.
I know the work of Andy and its team since the early days of Joomla ! and it’s always been “rhuk” solid ! lol
Hence why I want to see if I can stick to this amazing CMS.
So I’m seeking the opinion of developers to insure Grav will suit the project needs.
I’m now working on a project that will have a slightly more elaborated search than title and content.
Aside form regular content pages, I will have a section with specific content type.
This type of content will have custom fields for attribute of the building and suites.
It’s a list of building with the available suites for each one. Note that there is currently only a dozen building and will not have much more in the coming years.
I’m thinking of having a specific blueprint for building page and a specific blue print for suites. Which will be added as child of a building page.
Or using a repeater custom field set in a building page.
Not sure yet the best approach. But it’s important to note that a suite will never be display on its own page. It’s always displayed in a building page.
Here is a bullet list of what I need to achieve but not sure if that can be done.
- on list view, need to display number of available suites attached to a building.
- on list view, need to display the smallest and highest available suites which will be a custom field
- search needs to be done on specific custom field.
- search needs to have a dropdown with multiple range of square foot option. Which mean if you select from the dropdown the option “between 1000 and 2000 sqf”, then any building that has a suites with a floor plan matching that option should be displayed in the result.
- search needs to have other options that are taken from other building attributes like “commercial” vs “residential”.
I’ve looked at the TNTSearch plugin and it seems to allow indexing and searching custom fields. But I’m not sure how easy and/or possible it is to make it work with a range.
I know this can be done using WordPress or Joomla ! But I would like to use Grav if possible.
Thank you in advance.