"# Page not found" -- how to get Grav Admin interface to start?

I’m planning on using this installation for testing and development and not as a production site. I’ve done a lot of research and fixed a lot of errors I get trying to setup the Grav Server, and finally…
I started Symfony, then pointed my browser to https://127.0.0.1:8000/ and got this:

Local Server
# Page not found

I’m supposing this is a good sign, but now how do I get the Grav admin interface to start?

@dpdoug, You’re not providing much info which allows readers to understand what you have done, or maybe even to replay/reproduce the steps you’ve taken.

Btw, what made you switch from running Grav’s build-in php server, which clearly started your Grav website, to Symfony Local Webserver?

Is it because the “problem page” shown by Grav displayed issues you mentioned in previous posts here and here?

In that case, no matter which webserver you are using, the same “problem page” from Grav will show up. Once you’ve solved the Symfony local webserver issue from this post, you will bump again into your previous issues.

Although I have no experience with Symfony’s webserver (just Googled a bit for this post), I guess the error “# Page nog found” is caused by not starting Symfony from the correct folder.

Btw, when running $ bin/grav server, Grav will use Symfony as first choice if it has been installed properly. Otherwise it will fall back to PHP webserver.

Btw, what made you switch from running Grav’s build-in php server, which clearly started your Grav website, to Symfony Local Webserver?

I know the Symfony server started, but I was unaware that the Grav website started. However, I’ve been trying to figure out how to get the Grav Admin interface started.

To answer your question: I couldn’t get anywhere with the Apache server. I researched lots and tried all kinds of things and I just kept getting nowhere. So when I saw the tutorial on the getgrav blog page I decide to give it a try.

I did the installation the way it said to and installed a dependency that it indicated, then I stopped Apache since the two servers couldn’t run together and the Symfony server just started up. I was just spending hours and hours trying to get Apache to work, so I tried something different.

So I have everything installed that was required according to those instructions. And now all I need to figure out is why the Grav Admin interface is not coming up.

I’ve searched the documentation, but can’t find where it tells how to do it. I got the second image on this page: Installation | Grav Documentation (Installation & Setup Problems) fixed what was lacking and clicked the “Reload Page” (button) but nothing happened.

I’ve gone through the “Troubleshooting” section of the documentation, but I’m still not making much progress figuring out why Grav Admin isn’t coming up.

@dpdoug,

And now all I need to figure out is why the Grav Admin interface is not coming up .

When $ bin/grav server starts your website and shows the “Problem page”, you know Grav is running your site. Once you solve the issues listed by the Problem Page, Admin will be shown automatically.

I just discovered I have a openssl issue I need to resolve.

@dpdoug,

You have been able to show Grav’s “problem page” when using build-in PHP server, which means there was no openSSL issue. Do you really need to use https:// on your development system?

I’m just learning all this stuff – it’s all new to me. Never done it before. Since there is so much that I don’t understand, someone else has to help me with it.