Markdown compilation issue with unordered lists

Hi,

I have a simple page I am working on that is using a single unordered list. It however when you view the page compiles differently the last item. In all line li /li items except the final line the code compiles the text in p /p tags the text. The default.md file is as below:

---
title: Vinylux
date: '09:34 26-10-2017'
---

# Vinylux

CND launched Vinylux in May 2013. Vinylux truly is a polish that defies time! It dries in 8.5 minutes (no lamp required) lasts up to a full week, and is removed with normal polish remover. 

* Basic manicure  
Includes file, cuticle care and Vinylux colour application  
£10 - Allow 30 minutes  

* Luxury manicure  
Includes file, cuticle care, warm paraffin wax moisturising treatment and Vinylux colour application  
£15 – Allow 1 hour  

* Basic pedicure  
£10 – Allow 30 minutes  

Each line of the unordered list ends with a double space rather than

The code however compiles to the following:

<h1>Vinylux</h1>
<p>CND launched Vinylux in May 2013. Vinylux truly is a polish that defies time! It dries in 8.5 minutes (no lamp required) lasts up to a full week, and is removed with normal polish remover. </p>
<ul>
<li>
<p>Basic manicure<br>
Includes file, cuticle care and Vinylux colour application<br>
£10 - Allow 30 minutes  </p>
</li>
<li>
<p>Luxury manicure<br>
Includes file, cuticle care, warm paraffin wax moisturising treatment and Vinylux colour application<br>
£15 – Allow 1 hour  </p>
</li>
<li>Basic pedicure<br>
£10 – Allow 30 minutes  </li>
</ul>

If I add another li item at the bottom this one misses the p /p tags, but the previous one without now does.

I have disabled all add-ons (except default admin dashboard ones), running the version 1.3.7, oh and cleared the cache via the dashboard.

I am stumped, and not sure whether there is a way to do this without resorting to code manually.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi SimpleByDesign,

i assume it happens because of the missing last “Line Break”(which results in the p-tag) in this list.

Hi,

Its something to do with the last item value. Technically the last item has the extra two spaces after the last line like all the others. For example, if I copy the first item:

* Basic manicure  
£10 - Allow 30 minutes  

And paste it as the bottom item, making sure it still has the double space, this line item isn’t wrapped in the p tag. However the one that wasn’t now is wrapped in the p tags like the others were. Its the last item in the list that always fails to format the same as the others.

The code now looks like:

<ul>
<li>
<p>Luxury manicure<br>
Includes file, cuticle care, warm paraffin wax moisturising treatment and Vinylux colour application<br>
£15 – Allow 1 hour  </p>
</li>
<li>
<p>Basic pedicure<br>
£10 – Allow 30 minutes  </p>
</li>
<li>Basic manicure<br>
£10 - Allow 30 minutes  </li>
</ul>

grav seems to use parsedown.

i found this:
https://github.com/erusev/parsedown/issues/427 - still open

Ah thank you, it would appear to be an existing know issue…but not fixed

I didn’t want to use HTML code as this will ultimately be handed over to a client for them to update, so having a mix of markdown and HTML could lead to lots of issues of broken pages. Simple lists might be ok, but as I need to have paragraph text within the li it makes it a little more complex.

For the interim period I am going to look at the TinyMCE Editor plugin to see if this can do what I need.

Many thanks again