I can't check for updates due to peer certificate authentication error

When I log in to my website Administration Panel, I get this error message:

Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates for "https://getgrav.org/blog.atom".

with invalid AJAX response therefore I cannot check for updates both Plug-ins and system.

Same here. Didn’t even update Grav for a while now. It just started happening

Not sure and beyond my expertise, but it could be related to an expiration of a Let’s Encrypt’s CA certificate: Top websites see outages as Let’s Encrypt’s CA certificate expires.

1 Like

OK, so I talked to my sys admin and he confirmed that most have expired root certificates and he advised me to add peer SSL verification to false where request is initiated. So I remembered I saw something about that, but then found this old topic. Then I found this setting is in /config/system.yaml, so in Admin went to Configuration > System > Advanced and have set Remote Verify Peer (SSL) to No

Now it works as expected (Grav news, plugins updates)
I suppose until every website fixes root certificates, will have to live with this option off

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice, it helps me to solve my problem.

Interestingly, while setting this option fixed the SLL errors I was receiving and allowed me to once again get downloads, my news section isn’t updating. Everything in there still 7mo+ old.