How to use the Gallery module in the Quark theme

Hi, I have just learned about Grav, so I’m a complete newbie. I searched for any videos that would show how to build a Grav site from a theme and could only find one, in which a man called Ravi Sagar shows how to do it. The video is 5 years old though and the Quark theme that he demonstrates has changed and there is a new module called Gallery available. I couldn’t find any documentation anywhere about how to set up and use this module and there aren’t any examples of it that I could look at. Can anyone please give me some pointers? I’m really frustrated as the site I’m trying to make is not looking how I want it to look.
Please assume that I am not a technical user who knows how to tinker with CSS, HTML and PHP. I just want to set up a simple site like one would normally do in a CMS.

@slappcoding, Please read the Welcome to the Grav CMS Community Forums post. It will provide some guidelines as to what information should be provided in a question.

The more clear the question, the higher the chance you’ll get an answer…

I searched for any videos that would show how to build a Grav site from a theme and could only find one, in which a man called Ravi Sagar shows how to do it.

A link to the video might be handy

and the Quark theme that he demonstrates has changed

Quark hasn’t changed much over the last 5 years. Mostly bug fixes, but not much with respect to functionality or layout.

and there is a new module called Gallery available

What Gallery are you talking about?

Please assume that I am not a technical user who knows how to tinker with CSS, HTML and PHP. I just want to set up a simple site like one would normally do in a CMS.

Please now that Grav has not been build with non-technical users in mind. Grav does not come with a so called drag & drop Page Builder. If the theme lacks some functionality, layout and/or look&feel which your site requires, you will sooner or later need to know about scss/css, Twig and possibly even PHP.

If that’s too much of a hurdle, you might consider looking at tools like Wix and the likes.

Thank you for your quick reply. Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGqaPl4i-M.

It is one of the Module Templates that is listed in the Add Module Content dialog, alongside with Features, Hero and Text. I assume this is a module template that allows one to display some images, possibly with descriptions?

I need a really simple site that will just have a few static pages and a form. Nothing fancy at all beyond what the theme offers.

@slappcoding,

I wasn’t aware of the Gallery module template provided by Quark…

Looking at the Changelog of Quark, it refers to the lightbox-gallery plugin, which is a paid Premium plugin. Which means that without the paid Gallery plugin, the template won’t do much.

If you do consider buying the Premium plugin, all questions about the plugin and other Premium products should be directed to GitHub - getgrav/grav-premium-issues: Official Grav Premium Issues repository to report problems or ask questions regarding the Premium products offered.

@pamtbaau

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you. I will look into the Premium plugin once I figure out what I can do with the basic setup.

Perhaps the Shortcode Gallery++ plugin meets your requirements (You will also need to install the Shortcode Core plugin).
You can install both in the administration environment

1 Like