Default options when creating pages in Admin Panel

Is there a way to set default Parent Page and Page File when adding new pages in the Admin Panel? For a blog, I would set default to Home and Item.

There is no way currently although that is an interesting idea… If you can add it to the Grav Admin plugin issues list, i can make sure it stays on the radar: https://github.com/getgrav/grav-plugin-admin/issues

Done

Thanks!

Is this possible now, with the latest updates? For my usecase I want to have a default settings for Add Page to select a specific Parent Page and Page Template. Then have the frontmatter area pre-defined but empty on the page template.

Yes add a default.yaml in your template’s blueprints/ folder, like

title: Default
'@extends':
    type: default
    context: blueprints://pages

form:
  fields:
    tabs:
      type: tabs

fields:
        advanced:
          fields:
            overrides:
              fields:
                header.child_type:
                  default: item 
                header.visible:
                  default: 0

thanks for that info, I’m not sure where to add a blueprint.yaml exactly. Is this documented somewhere so I can read and use it all properly?

I’m reading the blueprints area now of manual, if you have a specific page or link with more specific details please share.

Put that snippet above in user/themes/[yourtheme]/blueprints/default.yaml, it should work automatically - in Grav 1.1

thank you!

that didn’t work for what I wanted but the example and further reading in manual helped me figure it out. so I added two lines in the /user/plugins/admin/blueprints/admin/pages/new.yaml

data-options@: '\Grav\Common\Page\Pages::parentsRawRoutes'
      data-default@: '\Grav\Plugin\admin::getLastPageRoute'
      default: '/home'

and

data-options@: '\Grav\Common\Page\Pages::types'
      #data-default@: '\Grav\Plugin\admin::getLastPageName'
      default: 'post'
---

Oh yes, to edit the defaults in the “New page” modal, that’s the way.