500 Server error after update

Just did an update from the admin plugin and am getting a 500 Server error now. Can’t access frontend or backend. How do I revert or fix this? By the way, literally every time we have updated the admin plugin or another plugin, something has broken.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I’ve tried the different suggestions here: http://learn.getgrav.org/troubleshooting/internal-server-error Still experiencing the error.

A 500 error is an error from your web server about server configuration. What web server and what platform are you running? Also have you checked your web server error logs?

The server is using PHP 5.4? From what version did you upload?

I was able to restore back to my backup file. The version I was/am on before the update is v1.0.0-rc.6. Clicking the Update button within the blue Maintenance section worked fine. After checking for updates and running the update for the new version, that’s when I saw the server issue prompt and after refreshing pages discovered the 500 error.

Unfortunately that doesn’t really help isolate what the issue is. Did you check your server log? That should tell you what is causing the 500 error.

I’ll look into it. Thanks.