TaxonomyList is displaying the tags of all languages

Since probably some of the latest updates my blog sidebar, which should display the tags for that specific language, now displays all the tags of all the languages.

Can anyone help with this?

Are you sure you meant Langswitcher and not some other plugin? AFAIK Langswitcher has nothing to do with tags or how they are displayed :thinking:

@Karmalakas, Well… the LangSwitcher does have an indirect effect on the tags displayed. The plugin CategoryList relies on Grav’s Taxonomy::taxonomy():

Grav::instance()['taxonomy']->taxonomy()

This will only list tags that are being found in pages of the current language.

Looking at the website of Werdi, it is clear that the correct blog items are displayed based on the current languages. However the TaxonomyList plugin on the blog item page shows tags used by all languages.

I cannot reproduce this using the Quark Blog skeleton. It is working fine.

@weri
First a kind request: Please help the community help you by providing proper information on the issue. You should invest some time on the question, before asking the entire community to invest time.

• What research have you done?
  • What have you tried?

My first guess: Clear the cache and see what happens.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind reply @pamtbaau

If you mean by “clear the cache” clearing my browser’s cache, that didn’t solve the issue. Or did you mean this: Folder Structure | Grav Documentation how can I clear this cache, I just go into the folder and empty it?

I’m not a developer but a fast learner. I wouldn’t know what to try first or next, I have to admit that. If I had enough idea about any this to support other people on other issues, I would. So, thank you in advance for your support.

I’m having trouble with the “SEO-Magic” plugin, this could be related or not. Andy mentioned on a thread on Github that some other plugin could be interfering with SEO-Magic.

The reason I cannot provide more information is because the issue suddenly appeared, and it was probably after updating plugins, but I cannot tell for sure.

@werdi,

I’m not a developer but a fast learner.

Not sure about that. You’re a member since 2018 :wink:

The reason I cannot provide more information is because the issue suddenly appeared, and it was probably after updating plugins, but I cannot tell for sure.

You could share:

• What research you’ve done and share relevant links
  • A link to the page on the website which shows the issue. Would have saved me from digging through your posts…
  • From which Grav version you’ve upgraded
  • Which plugins you’re using
  • You could mention you have trouble with the SEO-Magic plugin.
  • You could share a link to the Github issue you are referring to.

To clear the cache:

• You can clear it from the home page of Admin.
  • You can run $ bin/grav cache
  • You can delete the /cache folder, but that will only work if Grav is using the filesystem for its cache.
1 Like

Well, you’re right as always :slight_smile: and sorry to make extra work

As to the information:
I’ve upgraded to Grav v1.7.42.1 and I’ve had two upgrades in a shot while of 1-2 weeks, probably the last two releases, but I cannot tell you from what version I upgraded, I didn’t take note of which one was running before.

Links to the site:
Blog
Blog Post displaying all the tags of all languages on the sidebar

Plugins I’m using:

• Admin Panel v1.10.42
  • Email v4.0.1
  • Error v1.8.0
  • Flex Objects v1.3.5
  • Form v7.1.3
  • Image Collage v1.0.4
  • LangSwitcher v3.1.1
  • License Manager v1.0.2
  • Login v3.7.5
  • Pagination v1.4.4
  • Private v1.0.9
  • SEO v2.3.5 test release (not in use)
  • Seo Magic Premium v5.2.0
  • SimpleSearch v2.3.0
  • Sitemap v3.0.2
  • Taxonomy List v1.3.

I do have trouble with SEO-Magic plugin, and after reading on this forum that the best place to present this issue was Github, that’s where I went. Only now after reading your reply I thought this could be an interfering issue.

Link to the first SEO-Magic issue (solved, an update of the plugin followed after that, in that thread I discovered the second issue)
Link to the second SEO-Magic issue (open, I cannot reproduce Andy’s tutorial from the first issue)

So something’s up with SEO-Magic and it could be all related to the Taxonomy plugin. I’m only guessing.

@werdi,

So something’s up with SEO-Magic and it could be all related to the Taxonomy plugin. I’m only guessing.

I doubt that SEO magic has got anything to do with class Taxonomy. The issue mentioned you’re linking to also don’t seem to be related to Taxonomy either.

What are the results of clearing the cache?

1 Like

Cleared the cache through the home page of Admin. That didn’t change anything.
I do not work from terminal. (I have to add, because I don’t know how to.)

Is there any other way to clear the cache? Haven’t deleted the /cache folder yet.

@werdi,

• What are your language settings?
  • Do you have the same issue on your development machine?

At the repo of LangSwitcher, there is an old (oct 2022) unanswered issue mentioning your exact same problem.

As said, I cannot reproduce the issue.

1 Like

@pamtbaau,

that is interesting with the other issue.

• Where can I check my language settings? :see_no_evil: (there are so many places to look)
  • Shall I try deleting the cache by deleting the folder? (irrational fear of breaking everything)

I don’t have a development machine. :grimacing:

@werdi,

Where can I check my language settings? :see_no_evil: (there are so many places to look)

You’ve setup a multilingual website, so you’ve probably already been there…

• user/config/system.yaml
  • user/env/mariabusque.net/config/system.yaml (might not exist)
  • or in Admin

Shall I try deleting the cache by deleting the folder? (irrational fear of breaking everything)

If you’ve cleared the cache using Admin, /cache will already be cleared.

@pamtbaau,

This is from user/config/system.yaml:

languages:
  supported:
    - de
    - en
    - es
  default_lang: null
  include_default_lang: false
  pages_fallback_only: false
  translations: true
  translations_fallback: true
  session_store_active: false
  http_accept_language: false
  override_locale: false

@werdi, I still cannot reproduce the issue in any way using your settings. Unfortunately, I cannot mimic your site’s pages and plugins.

Apart from creating an new issue on the Grav github repo with a link to the issue on LangSwitcher, I’m out of suggestions. But don’t expect a response soon. The team is short on staffing…

I do have suggestions preventing situation like these:

• Use a development machine
    • Upgrade your development machine first and test
    • Make changes to the development machine first and test
    • Then make same changes on production server (or use Git Sync to sync both installations)
  • Use Git on development machine and production server. This will allow you to see all changes you’ve made in the past and you can roll back any change.

Do yourself and your customer a favour…

1 Like

@pamtbaau, thank you, and that you for taking a look.

Same issue here. And it probably depends on the cache, because the issue appears and disappears.
See: Guida definitiva per tradurre un negozio online creato con PrestaShop | Servizi di traduzione e scrittura professionale | Qabiria

Sometimes the “Argomenti” show only the Italian tags.
If you go to the same page in EN (language menu is in the footer), it shows English tags.
So, apparently it’s working.

However, sometimes I get all tags together…

The same happens on Clients page (the buttons that filter the case studies): Clientes | Servicios de traducciĂłn y escritura profesional | Qabiria

Again, I’m aware this post doesn’t help you in any way, but I just wanted to tell the OP that he’s not the only one experiencing this issue.

Kind regards,

Marco

1 Like

@marcocevoli, My suggestion to you would be the same as my suggestion to @werdi:

Add your experience to the issue on plugin TaxonomyList and create an issue in the main Grav repo with a link to the issue in TaxonomyList.

1 Like

Hey everybody,

I tried this on a fresh Grav install and couldn’t reproduce the problem either, but upon installing LangSwitcher the tags from all languages started to show up as well. So just butting in to say that that seems to be the culprit. Will update the LangSwitcher issue on Github.