I am using the latest Grav. I have a few plugins installed and running well. Installing the Tag Manager plugin causes a PHP error trying to resolve the location of …/vendors/autoload.php. It seems to be looking for it in the plugin path. I looked at the code and compared it to a well functioning plugin, but could not figure out the issue. I am using the theme Quark with the blog addons from the skeleton package.
Questions? - Is this plugin useful (when it worked)? Does anyone use it now? Is anyone maintaining it (it has not been updated in 3 years)?
@bjaz, When posting a question, it is always helpful to:
Add a link to the plugin which saves the reader having to look it up
Add the error message thrown.
But before that, see if an issue has already been created here on the forum or in the Github repository of the plugin.
Owner hasn’t responded yet to any issue and I guess the plugin can safely be regarded as being abandoned.
If you know your stuff, a solution is provided in issue #1…
Thank you. Some excellent points - I will try to post questions with more information in the future. I am not sure why I did not think to look at the repo issues. Excellent point. I am not an expert here, but will look into the Issue #1.
just for the record:
out of curiosity I just installed plugin tag manager and found out, the problem for the mentioned crash is the missing install of aura/autoload.
the solution is to just open a terminal in the plugin directory and then issue this command:
composer require aura/autoload
which, of course, implies you have composer installed.
after that, the plugin seems to work, see screenshot.
of course, a better solution (which eliminates the need to manually issue a composer require command) is to add aura/autoload to the file composer.json, so it will read
in the appropriate section.
maybe I’ll create a pull request in the plugin github repo, although there seems to be little hope for this to be merged.
just a note for anyone who wants to use this plugin, here is my fork which contains aura/autoload incl. the necessary vendor folder, so it can be tested without having to fiddle with composer/missing files.
feedback is welcome, and, as stated above, I will then eventually create a pull request to the original author.
Wow. Thanks for the forked Repo and the fix. I downloaded it and installed it and it works great.
ok, fine to see it works for you.
I have now created this pull request for the Plugin author.
let’s see if there is any reaction…