Simplesearch docs discrepancy

The README for Simplesearch says:

NOTE: If you want to search ALL PAGES just keep the filters: [] section empty.
But in practice filters: [] gives no results. Instead you need

filters:

(i.e. nothing at all after the colon).

I was working on this today so the docs represent the develop branch, just not released yet. Also I might refactor more this weekend. I’m not 100% happy with it.

BTW SimpleSearch 1.7.0 has been released. This version searches tags as it didn’t work before. README.md hopefully reflects this release accurately.

Just trying out 1.7.0. I like the extension to tags, but filters: [] still doesn’t work. What does display_button: false do? No mention in docs as yet.

if you set it to true, it adds an actual button next to the query input box. Was a requested feature.

If you pass no filters, it should search every page.

I tried setting it true but couldn’t see a button. I’m using the Antimatter theme straight from the box, maybe it doesn’t have the icon?

Not making myself clear - again! Sorry. filters: [] returns nothing at all. filters: (with nothing else on that line) searches fine. So this works:

enabled: true
built_in_css: true
display_button: true
route: /search
template: simplesearch_results
filters:
filter_combinator: and
order:
    by: date
    dir: desc

but this produces zero results:

enabled: true
built_in_css: true
display_button: true 
route: /search
template: simplesearch_results
filters: []
filter_combinator: and
order:
    by: date
    dir: desc

Maybe I misunderstood something?

Just to be clear you are expecting filters: [] to be the same as filters: and it’s not? If so that’s a bug, if you could ticket it, that would be great.

Yes, that’s right. How do I ticket a bug? (Sorry, my background is not in software dev. I’m learning as I go.)

Go here https://github.com/getgrav/grav-plugin-simplesearch/issues and click “New Issue”