Second time Grav fails to update

The first time I tried to update from 1.7.3 to 1.7.5 via Admin by clicking a button to upgrade, it failed without any error message and after refreshed the page, I’ve got

Please run: bin/grav install

Ran it and page was live again. Don’t remember the command output though.

Now tried to update from 1.7.5 to 1.7.7, but with console open. I’ve got same run: bin/grav install on refresh, but also in console:

admin.min.js?b56df61666:845  at 

Fatal error:  Uncaught Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: include(G:\<...>\vendor\composer/../filp/whoops/src/Whoops/Exception/Formatter.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php:476
Stack trace:
#0 G:\<...>\system\src\Grav\Common\Debugger.php(843): Whoops\Run->handleError(2, 'include(G:\\___D...', 'G:\\___DEV___\\la...', 476)
#1 G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php(476): Grav\Common\Debugger->deprecatedErrorHandler(2, 'include(G:\\___D...', 'G:\\___DEV___\\la...', 476, Array)
#2 G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php(476): include()
#3 G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php(344): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('G:\\___DEV___\\la...')
#4 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('Whoops\\Exceptio...')
#5 G:\<...>\vendor\filp\whoops\src\Whoops\Handler\JsonResponseH in G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php on line 476

Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Whoops\Exception\Formatter' not found in G:\<...>\vendor\filp\whoops\src\Whoops\Handler\JsonResponseHandler.php:69
Stack trace:
#0 G:\<...>\vendor\filp\whoops\src\Whoops\Run.php(340): Whoops\Handler\JsonResponseHandler->handle(Object(Whoops\Exception\ErrorException))
#1 G:\<...>\vendor\filp\whoops\src\Whoops\Run.php(422): Whoops\Run->handleException(Object(Whoops\Exception\ErrorException))
#2 G:\<...>\system\src\Grav\Common\Debugger.php(843): Whoops\Run->handleError(2, 'include(G:\\___D...', 'G:\\___DEV___\\la...', 476)
#3 G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php(476): Grav\Common\Debugger->deprecatedErrorHandler(2, 'include(G:\\___D...', 'G:\\___DEV___\\la...', 476, Array)
#4 G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php(476): include()
#5 G:\<...>\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php(344): Composer\Autoload\includeF in G:\<...>\vendor\filp\whoops\src\Whoops\Handler\JsonResponseHandler.php on line 69

Ran the command, it installed a lot of stuff and at the end got this:

Generating optimized autoload files
Class ParsedownExtraTest located in G:/<...>/vendor/erusev/parsedown-extra\test\ParsedownExtraTest.php does not comply with psr-0 autoloading standard. Skipping.
23 packages you are using are looking for funding.
Use the `composer fund` command to find out more!

ERROR Missing .dependencies file in user/ folder
HINT Are you trying to install Grav? Grav is already installed. You need to run this command only if you download a skeleton from GitHub directly.

Anything I can do to avoid this and make upgrade via Admin smooth as it once was?

hm, yes, the HINT seems right: bin/grav install is not the correct command for update, but
bin/gpm update or bin/gpm selfupdate
did you try that ?

I did not. But after running bin/grav install Grav is updated and everything seems to be working.

that seems strange, as ‘bin/grav install’ is really not intended for update.
anyway - if that solved the issue, ok.

It solved last time too, but now issue was back again, so not sure it really solves the core issue