Quark: How to change number of columns shown in blog item list

Hello,
I looked for this in the forum with no luck. Is it possible to configure Quark theme via frontmatter or site.yaml or quark.yaml, to display 3 or 4 summaries per row, instead of 2 summaries like it display by default? I already set show_sidebar: false since I do not need the side bar and without sidebar I have more horizontal space for more summaries per row. Or Do I need to make strong changes to the blog related templates? If so, is there a tutorial on how to accomplish this task?

By the way, with no sidebar, Quark theme displays only one huge summary per row :thinking:
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Regards

@joejac, Bricklayer uses a div with class bricklayer-column-sizer to determine the width of the columns. The width of bricklayer-column-sizer can be set to 100% for 1 column, 50% for 2 columns, or 33.33333% for 3 columns, etc.

The css can be set in ‘/user/themes/quark/css/bricklayer.css’ and defaults to:

.bricklayer-column-sizer {
    width: 100%;
    display: none;
}

@media screen and (min-width: 640px) {
        width: 100%;
    }
}

@media screen and (min-width: 980px) {
        width: 50%;
    }
}

/*@media screen and (min-width: 1200px) {*/
    /*.bricklayer-column-sizer {*/
        /*width: 33.33333%;*/
    /*}*/
/*}*/

Off course, changes should be made in your custom or inherited theme instead of Quark itself.

Beware, that columns may not always have equal width when a brick in a column has content that does not allow it to shrink to the desired 33.3333%.

Here you can find more information on bricklayer-column-sizer and its options.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @pamtbaau ! It works perfect in Quark theme but not in my inherited theme. Now I have to debug what I did wrong with my inherited theme.

@pamtbaau I appreciate a lot your great help! :pray: :clap: :1st_place_medal:
Best regards

The problem in my inherited theme was caused when replacing Hero image with LightSlider Banner, I had a wrong line of code, the solution is described in this post.

Regards

1 Like