I am not having luck getting the lightSlider to look the way I want to. Basically I would like to have it look like the main slider at:
Solid Color BG, Icon, Heading, Subheading
Are there other slider plugin options. Apologize of the naive question, this is day 2 on Grav.
There are not, but you could easily adapt the lightslider plugin to use another slider script. Better yet create a new plugin based on lightslider. Really there’s not much to it. It’s mainly adding a CSS file, a JS file, and a Twig template to render the output.
BTW I suggestion you look at this: http://www.owlcarousel.owlgraphic.com/ seems it would be perfect for your needs.
@rhukster Thanks for sharing. I guess I am not clear enough yet on if “everything” has to be truned into a Grav plug-in or how I can generically included any JS lib without making a plug-in. I will use the lightslider code to see if I can make my first plugin using owl. Thanks for your response - very helpful.
It should be simple enough. Follow these steps:
- copy lightslider plugin folder to owlslider
- rename all the bits the lightslider.php and lightslider.yaml to owlslider respectively.
- Copy the owl js and css into the appropriate folders
- open the lightslider.php, rename the class and change the names of the js and css
- Adjust the twig template to reflect the HTML structure needed for owl
- adjust the yaml file to reflect any settings you want to support