No access to admin after latest Grav/Admin update

Did the Grav 1.1.13 and Admin 1.2.8 update via Admin Panel. Now I can’t access Admin anymore.
Error

ok, I see. Logged in via ssh.
Admin folder is empty now!! Grav is still showing 1.1.12, though in admin it showed 1.1.13???

it’s getting better and better.
did the grav update manually. that worked.
but plugin updates don’t. seems the plugins are removed (shortcode-core).
admin folder is empty after update.
grav log:
[2017-01-18 06:37:27] grav.WARNING: Plugin ‘admin’ enabled but not found! Try clearing cache with bin/grav clear-cache [] []
[2017-01-18 07:43:28] grav.WARNING: Plugin ‘shortcode-core’ enabled but not found! Try clearing cache with bin/grav clear-cache [] []
clearing cache doesn’help.

[2017-01-18 07:43:28] grav.CRITICAL: include(/var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/user/plugins/shortcode-core/ve ndor/composer/…/thunderer/shortcode/src/Processor/Processor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Trace: #0 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(440): Whoops\Run->handleError(2, ‘include(/var/ww…’, ‘/var/www/vhosts…’, 440, Array) #1 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(440): include() #2 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(322): Composer\Autoload\includeFile(’/var/www/vhosts…’) #3 [ internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass(‘Thunder\Shortco…’) #4 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/user/plugins/shortcode-core/classes/Sh ortcodeManager.php(226): spl_autoload_call(‘Thunder\Shortco…’) #5 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/user/plugins/shortcode-core/shortcode- core.php(91): Grav\Plugin\ShortcodeManager->processContent(Object(Grav\Common\Page\P age), Object(Grav\Common\Data\Data)) #6 [internal function]: Grav\Plugin\ShortcodeCorePlugin->onPageContentProcessed(Object(RocketT heme\Toolbox\Event\Event), ‘onPageContentPr…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\EventDispatcher)) #7 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventD ispatcher.php(184): call_user_func(Array, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event), ‘onPageContentPr…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\EventDispatcher)) #8 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventD ispatcher.php(46): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Array, ‘onPageContentPr…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event)) #9 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/rockettheme/toolbox/Event/src/E ventDispatcher.php(23): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch(‘onPageCon tentPr…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event)) #10 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Grav.php(273): RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\EventDispatcher->dispatch(‘onPageContentPr… .’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event)) #11 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Page/Page.php(6 23): Grav\Common\Grav->fireEvent(‘onPageContentPr…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event)) #12 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/user/plugins/shortcode-core/shortcode- core.php(136): Grav\Common\Page\Page->content() #13 [internal function]: Grav\Plugin\ShortcodeCorePlugin->onPageInitialized(Object(RocketTheme\ Toolbox\Event\Event), ‘onPageInitializ…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\EventDispatcher)) #14 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventD ispatcher.php(184): call_user_func(Array, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event), ‘onPageInitializ…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\EventDispatcher)) #15 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventD ispatcher.php(46): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Array, ‘onPageInitializ…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event)) #16 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/vendor/rockettheme/toolbox/Event/src/E ventDispatcher.php(23): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch(‘onPageIni tializ…’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event)) #17 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Grav.php(273): RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\EventDispatcher->dispatch(‘onPageInitializ… .’, Object(RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event)) #18 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Processors/Page sProcessor.php(26): Grav\Common\Grav->fireEvent(‘onPageInitializ…’) #19 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Grav.php(122): Grav\Common\Processors\PagesProcessor->process() #20 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Grav.php(359): Grav\Common\Grav->Grav\Common{closure}() #21 [internal function]: Grav\Common\Grav::Grav\Common{closure}(‘pages’, ‘Pages’, Object(Closure)) #22 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Grav.php(335): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #23 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/system/src/Grav/Common/Grav.php(123): Grav\Common\Grav->__call(‘measureTime’, Array) #24 /var/www/vhosts/axelrank.de/sub/index.php(51): Grav\Common\Grav->process() #25 {main} [] []

just copied backup admin folder and tried again.
admin folder is empty after update.
shortcode-core is removed. tried to reinstall. even though it’s showing success, plugin isn’t installed???

Strange! Can you PM me your user/ folder via https://gitter.im/flaviocopes and I’ll see if I can replicate? (feel free to remove the sensible user/accounts data)

Even a blank install isn’t working.

I upgraded to Version 1.1.13 and first I see no admin folder. If I install the 1.1.13 admin package I see only gzip Output.

I found the solution for my broken output. I have to set gzip:true in my system.yaml

Yes, it appears the fix in the last release for content-encoding has caused this in certain situations. We’re looking into it.

BTW, before you ‘fix’ this, do you happen to know the server configuration that is causing this. I can’t replicate even when i force gzip via mod_deflate and .htaccess

not in my case,
gzip was set to true in my system.yaml
updates are working if you do them via ssh or ftp

just tried again on my subdomain with grav 1.1.13 and admin 1.2.8
in admin i removed shortcode-core plugin. -> plugin is removed.
then tried to reinstall, though it’s showing success it isn’t installed
the same with other plugins (e.g editor-buttons) uninstall works, reinstall isn’t.
if you try to reinstall it doesn’t show current version of plugin.

Install

only empty folders after reinstalls

I’ve released a new Grav v1.1.14 … should have the same encoding type as v1.1.12

grav update via admin still doesn’t work.
admin shows update notice, after update it shows grav 1.1.14 in footer.
going to plugins update notice to grav 1.1.14 is showing again. grav 1.1.13 in footer again.

oh nice, after setting gzip to false and logging out - frontend/admin site broken:
Foto zu 2017-01-19_07-58-19

I’ve had the same issue. I could solve it with these commands:

bin/gpm selfupgrade
bin/gpm install admin
systemctl restart apache2.service

Previously I updated Grav via the Admin-Panel to the 1.1.14 version. This doesn’t seemed to work, because the gpm said, there is still 1.1.12 installed. So I decided to upgrade by command-line. The same procedure with the admin-plugin: Overwrite the current install.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Me too. But doing so let me to the problem, that grav is installed as user root but my server (Apache 2.4 on a Debian 8.4) will not serve pages that have a wrong user/group. So I have to change any file and directory to the correct responding user.

My PHP is 5.6.27 FPM with OpenSSL 1.0.1t and cURL 7.38.0

Logs show [2017-01-19 10:38:42] grav.WARNING: Plugin ‘admin’ enabled but not found! Try clearing cache with bin/grav clear-cache [] [] after “upgrading” (removing) of the admin

Regards
Christian

@robgnu, what platform are you on? Windows?