Markdown on Modular Pages

does not work as expected. I created modular pages from example, but markdown gets rendered as pure text only.

Changing {{ content|raw }} to {{ content|markdown }} in modular/text.html.twig does resolve the problem. (Using Antimatter as well as Quark as my theme.)

What’s wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Birger

@bkraegelin, No idea what is going wrong and I cannot reproduce it either…

Have you tried to download 'One-Page Site’Skeleton and compare it with your efforts?

I just copied /user/pages/01.home to my server as /user/pages/06.onepageskeleton.

Besides error “modular/hero.html.twig template not found for page: /onepageskeleton/_hero” I can see the content. The content isn’t rendered with Markdown, I get text “# Why Grav? ## build sites better We believe the best recipe to make something great, is to bake with quality ingredients and add dollops of cool stuff.”.

The same is true with Antimatter and Quark theme.
Even if I disable my own plugin, it’s always the same.

Any suggestion, where I should look for inconsistencies?

Thanks,
Birger

@bkraegelin,

Besides error “modular/hero.html.twig template not found for page: /onepageskeleton/_hero”

The ‘One-Page Site’ skeleton is build for theme Quark, which provides template modular/hero.html.twig. Themes are not one-on-one exchangeable, e.g. Antimatter does not provide template modular/hero.html.twig.

The same is true with Antimatter and Quark theme.

That is odd, because theme Quark does provide template modular/hero.html.twig and should not throw an error.

Questions:

• What is the value for pages.process.markdown in system.yaml?
  • Have you run the skeleton on your server? Does it work?
  • Do templates other then ‘hero’ render correctly?
  • How did you install Grav on your server?
  • Have you tried a fresh install of Grav?

Thanks. I will do a complete reinstall from scratch and do intensive testing. These will need some time :frowning:

I was hoping to get some hints, to find the inconsistency without going the hard way.

Birger

@bkraegelin, My questions are meant to narrow down the location of the issue… These might be seen as a hints :wink:

The ‘hard way’ is only mentioned as last resort.

Found:
System configuration Process Twig First
I have also set Process frontmatter Twig, I need that for my plugin.

I have now to check, how to handle Twig/Markdown-processing correctly in my plugin.

Thanks for your help,
Birger

@bkraegelin, I’m afraid future readers will not quite understand how your solved the issue. Would you mind being a tad more explicit in which config file, what the settings were and how you have changed them in order to solve the issue?

Thanks!

The issue was caused by setting the config setting pages.twig_first to true.
Reverting the setting back to its default value false solved the issue.

This setting can be found in Admin, path /admin/config, as System–>Content–>Process Twig First.

Or, alternatively, in /user/config/system.yaml:

pages:
  twig_first: false|true    # Process Twig before markdown when processing both on a page