ICO favicon with multiple sizes (16+32) not supported in Typhoon Pro

Good afternoon!

So far, most recommendations on this forum have been about modifying twigs to get proper PNG favicons.

However, in small raster image design, there are explicit recommendations to edit 16x16 or 32x32 files directly to achieve the best crispiness and legibility and to avoid poor anti-aliasing / blurriness due to rescaling.

I have created a proper ICO file that has 16x16 and 32x32 variants, but the Grav CMS won’t accept it. In addition, many usability analysers explicitly recommend putting favicon.ico into the root folder.

Is there a possibility to upload a fully compatible hand-optimised ICO without getting the ‘Unsupported MIME type’ error? Or to safely excise this link rel="icon" property from the site so that the default favicon.ico be served from the site root?

I am using Grav 1.7.44, I purchased the Typhoon professional theme a couple of days ago, and its version is 2.4.5.

Thank you in advance!

Yours sincerely,
Andreï.

Hi and welcome but this is not the right place for Premium plugin or theme support:

There may be more approrate channels to try before posting here:

• Github - if your problem relates to a theme or plugin, this is the best place to start. Find its official code repository, and add an issue or discussion topic after searching.
  • Premium support: if you are paying for Grav Premium products, these include free support. Use it rather than asking volunteers.

– from Forum welcome.