Home page stopped coming up

I had my home page configured to the way it shows in the documentation and it was working the way I wanted it to. But all of the sudden it started giving me this error message:

Error 404

Woops. Looks like this page doesn’t exist.

I’ve tried several different ways of configuring it, but I still get the error message. Here’s the way is was when it was working correctly:

home:
alias: ‘/about-my-life’
hide_in_urls: false

(/system/config/system.yaml)
I have no idea why it would all of a sudden it would stop working correctly. I’ve tried some other things too, but those things didn’t work either. Is there maybe a work-around or maybe a redirect?

It seems that something so simple and basic like a home page not being found should be an easy fix…

I’ve tried everything in the Grav documentation on troubleshooting 404 issues, I even asked my hoster to help. Nothing has solved the problem so far…

I have an idea as a workaround, I don’t know if it’s a good idea… but what if I put a redirect on the 404 error page to my home page? It’s not true that the page can not be found, I just type it in and the page I want to use as homepage and it comes right up — it’s some other reason, I can’t figure out. I know it’s a strange idea, but at this point I’ve come to the end of my rope.

I’d like to try it, but I don’t know where to find the 404 error page.