HELP ! theme testing kill our site!

i try to install “quark publishing” theme (initially Quark), then refresh … then site crash !
how to recover ?

now i have an empty page (cache clear , for webbrowser )

nothing appear in the log . so what it’s the mean of having log option ?

Hi @ledufakademy , installing a theme won’t activate it - did you activate it after install? Perhaps something happened during the install process?

I just did a test installation of Quark Open Publishing with the Grav Blog Skeleton and no issues there.

You could manually set the active theme back to Quark (if you activated Quark Open Publishing) here:
Configuration | Grav Documentation (theme:quark).

Please let me know how you make out.
Paul

hello paul, have an happy new years (first!)
since october 2019 we have :

Server Error
Sorry, something went terribly wrong!

0 - An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template (“Template “modular/hero.html.twig” is not defined.”).
For further details please review your logs/ folder, or enable displaying of errors in your system configuration.

i have no time to debug this … since october.

So …
When saving modular pages . (we only have one page with modular sections …)
So i have decide to update, but nothing change.
So i have tried to change theme … then patatra !
Empty page …
No customization in code : just pure Quak theme.

Our nginx option :

location / {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$query_string;
}

location ~* /(\.git|cache|bin|logs|backup|tests)/.*$ { return 403; }

location ~* /(system|vendor)/.*\.(txt|xml|md|html|yaml|yml|php|pl|py|cgi|twig|sh|bat)$ { return 403; }

location ~* /user/.*\.(txt|md|yaml|yml|php|pl|py|cgi|twig|sh|bat)$ { return 403; }

location ~ /(LICENSE\.txt|composer\.lock|composer\.json|nginx\.conf|web\.config|htaccess\.txt|\.htaccess) { return 403; }

location ~ \.php$ {
    # Choose either a socket or TCP/IP address
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock;
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    include fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root/$fastcgi_script_name;
}

From the error message it looks like a required twig template is missing, but Quark is supposed to have the template so something else might be going on.

I’d suggest you restore the active theme to Quark, and the perhaps try to update your Grav install to see if that might be a related issue?

ps - I am not overly technical, so I can’t give any feedback re: nginx options

… empty page !
so i can’t to anything with webgui.

Do you have an idea for CLI option in order to do that ?

You can edit the config file at /user/config/system.yaml (and refer to the info I shared earlier)

If you having issues with the Admin Panel it makes me think even more that this issue is beyond just the active theme setting… let me know if you can change the active theme.

pages:
theme: quark
order:
by: default
dir: asc
list:

Quak is already activated … but not working now :wink:

the last time i can see a grav , it was this page :

Might you know what version of Grav you have going? Perhaps you can use the CLI to try to update everything? Command Line Intro | Grav Documentation (esp. bin/gpm self-upgrade)

The good thing with Grav of course is that site content is separate from your Grav install. I would at least make a backup of your current user folder as you could use that and a fresh Grav install to get back going etc.

Your file list shows an unexpected file hierarchy/location to me. It looks like other files were mixed in a standard Grav install??? For example, look at this user folder file structure: grav-skeleton-course-hub-site/user at master · hibbitts-design/grav-skeleton-course-hub-site · GitHub

Or is this due to your nginx file? It is unclear to me what the underlying issue is.

Progressing …

there was permissions error : why ? big mystery ! (we never change file permission …)

But now i came back to inital error :
user/plugins/error - dose not exist

Can you check to see if the error plugin is in fact there? It should be as it is a default plugin.

Perhaps this info might help too? Troubleshooting | Grav Documentation

An :

bin/gpm install error
solve my issue :wink:

Thank you Paul !

Excellent, great to hear!

1 Like

i let a student (i don’t hate student ;-)), working with GItea and our GRAV source …
he has probaly broken something

do you remember what is the plugin which allow :

!!!
!!!
!!
!

… in order to colorize text background ?
i also lost button … ???

classes=btn,btn-primary,btn-lg&target=_blank

I think Markdown Notices? GitHub - getgrav/grav-plugin-markdown-notices: Grav Markdown Notices Plugin

Re: button issue I think Markdown Extra needs to be enabled for that? Configuration | Grav Documentation

1 Like

MarkDown … notice !!!
yesss. Good shot .

1 Like

For button … not working , i got the button but some classes are not working …