ERROR Missing .dependencies file

ERROR Missing .dependencies file

I have some serious trouble installing Grav.

I have Apache running locally. I’ve copied the grav+admin zip from the download page. I’ve copied it to /var/www/html/domaintld/ using the terminal and extracted from terminal using unzip.

I have created a user by issuing sudo bin/plugin login newuser. But when i try to run sudo bin/grav install I just get:
ERROR Missing .dependencies file in user/ folder
ERROR invalid YAML in .dependencies

Googling this error seems to suggest I copied files manually with a file manager that didn’t catch the dotfiles. Running unzip from terminal should not pose this problem. I can’t find .dependencies in the zip though, but .htaccess is there. What is going awry?

And when you go to the user folder, is the .dependencies file there? Is there anything else missing? If you do an unzip -l FILE.zip, is a user/.dependencies file listed?

No .dependencies file in the unzipped user/ dir. If I do unzip -l grav-admin-v1.1.8.zip the terminal buffer is filled, but…

unzip -l grav-admin-v1.1.8.zip | grep 'dependencies'

Gives me nothing.

If you download the package from the site, zipped, you don’t need to run bin/grav install and you don’t need a .dependencies file, which is only needed if you clone from GitHub directly.

Thank you for your reply @flaviocopes. That’s good. But if I go to localhost/grav-admin/ (where grav is installed), I get:

bin/grav install"); } use Grav\Common\Grav; use RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event; // Register the auto-loader. $loader = require_once $autoload; if (version_compare($ver = PHP_VERSION, $req = GRAV_PHP_MIN, ‘<’)) { die(sprintf(‘You are running PHP %s, but Grav needs at least PHP %s to run.’, $ver, $req)); } // Set timezone to default, falls back to system if php.ini not set date_default_timezone_set(@date_default_timezone_get()); // Set internal encoding if mbstring loaded if (!extension_loaded(‘mbstring’)) { die(“‘mbstring’ extension is not loaded. This is required for Grav to run correctly”); } mb_internal_encoding(‘UTF-8’); // Get the Grav instance $grav = Grav::instance( array( ‘loader’ => $loader ) ); // Process the page try { $grav->process(); } catch (\Exception $e) { $grav->fireEvent(‘onFatalException’, new Event([‘exception’ => $e])); throw $e; }

That’s a lot of errors?

Doesn’t look like an error, but rather PHP not being executed at all