This category needs some action so here you go, one of the sites I’ve built with Grav:
(sorry, no onebox for some reason)
This is my personal blog built off of the Blog Site skeleton available on the Grav downloads page. Regardless of content I feel it serves a good example of how you can customize an existing skeleton and theme and make it your own.
I like to keep things simple and have removed a majority of the features from the Blog Site skeleton. Some will cry foul (“no search function?!”), but I prefer single-column layouts without a cluttered sidebar. Every site is different and will have specific layout requirements. For this one I focus on the content.
- Full-width layout (extra-wide)
- ‘Mini-blog’ pages based on ‘category’ taxonomy filter
- Two modular pages
- Tag cloud (though it has some issues currently)
- Font Awesome icons peppered throughout
- Custom clone of the default Antimatter theme
- Changes were not documented but may be obvious during a side-by-side comparison with the base Blog Site skeleton
- Many Twig templates have been modified to achieve the full-width layout
- CSS has been added/modified mostly for color-scheme and HTML table formatting
- Markdown extra is enabled and I try to stick to Markdown wherever possible, however most of the posts feature a functional mix of Markdown and HTML
It’s been a while since I’ve worked on this theme - there are still a few things left to fix - but I’m happy to answer any questions regarding how I achieved certain things.