Forgive my lack of understanding of German, I haven’t read or spoke it for 12 years. A few thoughts:
- The font-color in the navigation-bar is too weak, there is a lack of contrast between it and the background. There is also superfluous space around each item, and apart from hovering over them they are hard to read.
- The logo in the navigation-bar is too small, it would not be detrimental to scale the entire bar up to 1.5 of its current size - allowing clearer text and logo.
- Headers could scale up in size somewhat, this includes H1-H6, for better vertical rhythm. Consider Modular Scales.
- This is a point of taste between designers, and I’m very much biased towards professional print in this regard, but text in paragraphs should be justified (
text-align: justify;) whenever the text is longer than 2-3 sentences.
- The spacing of sections looks good, but consider whether it might be better to split things into pages: A single-page site works well when the content is limited to what the user expects to digest on a page, but for example th e “Alternatives”, “FAQ”, and second section of Amazon-links could be in their own page - the latter in a summary-page of categorized links to products, leaving only a short list of popular products on the front.
Thank you very much for your input! Will try to realise that asap
I mostly agree with what OleVik said, except for the
text-align:justify. In my opinion, it will just add inequal spaces between letters and make the sentences hared to read.
I think that
text-align:justifyis interesting with paragraphs less wide.
I would also suggest :
- A smooth scroll. If you scroll to a paragraph inside the same page, you have to show that it’s on the same page.
- A menu with a bigger height. You could change the height as soon as you scroll down, this way you would have a big menu when you arrive on the website, but then, as soon as you scroll, the menu become smaller.
Thanks a lot. How do it set the smooth scroll in the menu?
You have several options :
There is a JQuery plugin :
You can check this article :