Blank page and error on permissions

Hello,

I would like to try Grav. Looks promising and easy to use. But…

I installed an Debian 8.6 server with nginx and php. So far so good.
All works fine. See https://meijberg.me/info.php for pho info,

But if I tried the first installation I get an blank page.

The following error occurred:
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/rockettheme/toolbox/File/src/File.php(195): RocketTheme\Toolbox\File\File->mkdir(’/var/www/html/c…’)
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/rockettheme/toolbox/File/src/File.php(316): RocketTheme\Toolbox\File\File->lock()
#2 /var/www/html/vendor/rockettheme/toolbox/File/src/PhpFile.php(31): RocketTheme\Toolbox\File\File->save(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/system/src/Grav/Common/File/CompiledFile.php(66): RocketTheme\Toolbox\File\PhpFile->save(Array)
#4 /var/www/html/system/src/Grav/Common/Config/Setup.php(178): Grav\Common\File\CompiledYamlFile->content()
#5 /var/www/html/system/src/Grav/Common/Processors/SiteSetupProcessor.php (17): Grav\Common\Config\Setup->init()
#6 /var/www/html/system/src/Grav/Common/Grav.php(121): Grav\Common\Processors" while reading response heade r from upstream, client: 54.165.174.157, server: meijber$
2016/10/17 12:04:31 [error] 572#0: *45 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message 'Creating director$
Stack trace:

Something with permission. I running with only one user (root).

Please help.

Thanks,

John

The actual error is:
$rectory ‘/var/www/html/cache//compiled/files’ failed on error mkdir(): Permission denied’ in /var/www/html/vendor/rockettheme/toolbox/File/src/File.php:420

Latest error:

#6 [internal function]: Grav\Common" while reading response header from upstream, client: 46.144.181.34, server: meijberg.me, request: “GET /admin HTTP/1.1”, upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php$
$open(/var/www/html/user/config/security.yaml): failed to open stream: Permission denied’ in /var/www/html/vendor/rockettheme/toolbox/File/src/File.php:202

Take a look at our permissions documentation

Thanks, but I did take a look at this.

But I don;t understand and don’t know what to do.

It’s not just copy and unzip and voila --> It’s works.

I hope there will be some extra information about hoe to set the permissions on an debian, nginx and php system.

Anybody who has a suggestion?

It is just copy and unzip and voila for ‘most’ people. But your are running a linux distro where you’ve setup apache/php manually. Running linux generally means you are an advanced user and fully understand how user/group permissions work. You can look at some of our VPS guides in the learn docs, but these use Ubuntu as examples (Ubuntu is debian based though, so it’s close).