# /bin/gpm return nothing

Hi everyone,

On my local machine with Ubuntu 16.04, I have updated Grav core from 1.3.3 to 1.3.8 by using the command line # bin/gpm self-upgrade. All ran perfectly and I get now the new Grav version. But since then, # bin/gpm is not working anymore.
For example when I enter # bin/gpm index, the output is empty. Nothing is displayed and no error is mentionned.
On the other side, plugins update is working well when I am running it form the Admin Panel.

More over, # bin/gpm is still running on my others Grav installation (still in v1.3.3 ).
Please notice that commands # bin/grav are working nice and that bin directory and files are in 755.

Does anyone has an idea ?

Here is my config :

PHP 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, Copyright © 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies

curl 7.47.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.47.0 GnuTLS/3.4.10 zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.32 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IDN IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP UnixSockets

OpenSSL support: enabled.
cURL support: enabled

See if bin/gpm is still an executable. You can do it by issuing $ ls -lsA bin from your Grav directory and looking for x in the output.

thanks for your reply Makary
bin/gpm is actually executable.

And if I override the gpm file with the one from the official repository, same pb appear.

Any errors in /logs or maybe in server log? Do you have any output if you issue command php bin/gpm?

you’re not actually including the hashmark ‘#’ in your command are you?

I would presume that you aren’t, but you keep including it in your posts so… someone has to ask…

1 Like

I believe ( strongly, firmly and beyond doubt ) that it is just indication of a root prompt. if this belief will fall, I will feel really terrible.

I agree @MakaryGo. Somtimes though, one attempts to view an elephant through a microscope, and basic clarification is needed. I’ve never had any problems with bin/gpm (on a variety of distros) thus I am forced to ask this fairly ridiculous question :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Sure the # was mentioned to show that I am using bin/gpm in a terminal.

I have done a fresh reinstall of the Grav Skeleton and erased the user directory with mine. bin/gpm is working now.
I do not understand what happened before.

Thanks to both for your implication

Apparently something went wrong during the update.Perhaps it was interrupted, or something of a sorts happened…

Well, I found the explanation.

If custom_base_url is filled in system.yaml, bin/gpm is not working.
Maybe because I am working on a local machine.

If it’s filled, or if it’s filled incorrectly?

Filled correctly, off course. But with a local address. Maybe it is the problem.
It’s a shame that gpm is not returning an error.
Maybe, this could be revised by a futur update of gpm.