4-eyes workflow for review

Hello Grav Community,

I am currently working on a project that requires implementing a 4-eyes workflow within Grav CMS. The goal is to ensure that any content changes made by one user must be reviewed and approved by another user before being published. Specifically, the requirements are as follows:

Submission and Review Process: When a user makes changes or creates new content, these changes should be flagged for review.
Approval Permissions: Ideally, the user who made the changes should not be allowed to approve them.

From my research, I understand that this is not a built-in feature of Grav, but it seems possible to achieve this with a custom plugin. Before I dive into development, I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has already implemented something similar or could provide guidance on the best approach to take.

I have some experience with plugin development in Grav, and I am ready to create a custom solution if needed. However, any advice, examples, or resources you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Christiana

@christiana83, The environment being used and customer requirements are important to know, because it influences your options.

Environment:

• Is there some staging implemented using Git, whereby users edit locally and push changes to the server?
  • How are pages being edited:
    • Plain Admin
    • Front-end editing?
    • Any Admin editor plugin that might influence the flow?

Requirements:

• Only you can tell…

@anon76427325

Thank you for your response and for asking for more details. Here are the relevant details about our environment and requirements:

Environment:

• Our editors log into the Grav Admin interface with restricted access, allowing them to create and edit pages.
  • This is done on a staging domain.
  • After saving a page, it is pushed to a repository via GitSync Plugin.
  • From there, following various checks, a static export of the site is generated to the live domain’s repository using Blackhole Plugin and a custom deploy script.

Requirements:

• The main requirement is to ensure that the person who creates a page cannot publish it without another user reviewing and approving it.

We aim to implement a workflow where content changes must be reviewed and approved by another user before being published. The goal is to ensure that any content changes made by one user must be reviewed and approved by another user before being published. Specifically, the requirements are as follows:

1. Submission and Review Process: When a user makes changes or creates new content, these changes should be flagged for review.
  2. Approval Permissions: Ideally, the user who made the changes should not be allowed to approve them.

It’s ok if we would keep it simple.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Christiana

@christiana83, See DM.