Website is very slow in spite of grav core feature (crazy fast..)

@rhuk

I’ve contacted you via https://trilby.media as suggested, looking forward to hearing from you

Cool we’ll continue the conversation via email. Cheers!

just wondering what you guys think about these plans, https://www.arubacloud.com/vps/virtual-private-server-range.aspx we have opted now for Linode but would be nice to know your opinion on this one.

@OleVik @csixtyfour @flavio @AmauryH @MakaryGo @andy

alright so it seems that I will be banned for life and forever rejected by Mr. Andy Miller on grav community.

I just wanted to make this public so that perhaps Mr. Andy will learn something about threatening and abusing people.

I’ve asked some help that is right there is very long thread above to confirm it. Then as Mr. Andy insisted I contacted him via email, I immediately noticed how his tone is different privately not so friendly as on forum.

He mentioned that he will charge me for eventually fix the issue with grav performance that is been plaguing us for months.
However I never agreed to being charged just for having him taking a glance at the website repo and exchanging couple emails.
Turns out he implied just that, I must pay $150 for his time taken to reply to the emails.

Hopefully this will turn out to be just a terrible misunderstanding I tried to be very clear in my messages (I needed issues fixed) and I really don’t see how can I be charged for exchanging few emails. Mr. Andy “reviewed” template files provided didn’t fix anything therefore are completely useless to me.

To my disbelief and complete shock I received the invoice, Mr. Andy is been claiming that in fact he provided advice however I reminded him that all the advice was provided on forum so unless he decided to charge for support on forum this is non-sense.
So weeks ago I let Mr. Andy know that I’m not going to pay for nothing basically,

This is my experience so far with this software, in the meanwhile we migrated to new server (Linode) using grav affiliate link following your advices however website is still very very slow.
We will strive to optimize this and sort it out ourselves (costing us more time and money) because apparently when asking for help on forum one must be prepared to face blackmail and humiliation, no need for that thank you, we already have enough problems.

Blockquote

my email

Hi Andy,

my understanding of your message was that you were going to take a look and let me know what was causing the site to be slow and then do something about it, I need the problems solved, so that when we now publish the site on Linode we can see the speed hitting at least 90%/100% so if you confirm that those issues are gone beside Mautic and other assets out of the scope, than I’ll be glad to compensate you for the time you took fixing it.

Blockquote

Here is latest Mr. Andy email

Blockquote
So let me get this straight… You are not going to pay for the time I put into looking into your issues? You said you would compensate me for my time which was well over 2 hours with all the emails and back and forth. I did the work you asked me to do, I gave you advise, recommendations as well as some fixes to help improve your performance.

This is a service I provided to you at your request, and you are now reneging on your obligation to pay for said services?

Are you sure you want to go down this path? You will not receive ANY help from us in the future and I will advise other folks not to work with you because you are not an honest person and don’t pay for services rendered.

I suggest you pay the bill you owe immediately.

Blockquote

Signore Simone.
I’m not related with Andrew nor any member of the Grav developement team in any way, hence I hardly understand why have you mentioned me here.
Ad rem, I would be glad to offer you a free website audit myself, but.
I’ve already done it in this very thread. I have explained to you, to the best extent of my abilities, why your website is slow, and what to do to make it lod faster. You not only didn’t follow my advice, but as well apparently don’t posess enough technical knowledge, to make any sense of them.
Thus, the best solution that I can advice to you, would be:

• to find some of many free website generators available
  • to switch back to the CMS you were happy with
  • to hire a developer that actually knows the tech he’s working on.

I’ve done a bunch of grav-based projects to this day, and never had any performance issues that you’re mentioning, mostly because of using the development techniques and tools mentioned previously in this thread.
I’m afraid, that despite my best intentions, I’m unable to provide you any other help. My time is rather limited, as I have to work my paying job, and as far as I understood, you are not willing to get billed for any dev-related services.
Regardles, have a nice day and best wishes with your projects!
Makary

@MakaryGo

this reply show the professionalism of this community, its either A you didn’t bother to read my message B you are siding with Andy

Because I actually made it very clear that Im more than willing to pay for those dev services since this is what we are doing as long as these “services” are not fluff and chit-chat and address the issues we got so that they get fixed.

Do you understand now?

Dear @tancredi!
First of all, I don’t see any need of being mean to me, as I am not a part of your problems with Mr Andrew, or any other (as far as I know).
In matter of fact, I’m a stranger who decided to help you during his free time and for free.
I don’t see how it obligates me to be professional in our discussions – you have to admit it yourself, you are not my customer, correct? Just a guy on some forum, that I’m trying to help the best I can since… Well, since last month.

Next thing - your page loading issues are not related to the CMS you are using, but to the HTML code that exists in your template. You don’t have to believe me, just download HTML version of your website and see how long it will load.
It is actually easy to fix, as was pointed out few times in the above conversation. You know, reducing number of requests, optimising assets, basically the stuff that Google PageSpeed sugests below the report.

As I still basically like people, I’ll be happy to explain to you, step by step, how to fix it. Here, on PM’s, on skype, on email, or wherever you wish. For free. It should take more or less a week.

I’ll be of course even more than happy to do it for you. This should take 3 days most. That is, of course, if you can and are willing to afford my professional services.

Wishing you a sunny day,
Makary

Dear @MakaryGo

First of all I wasn’t being mean at you at all, I’m sorry if you felt that way. Maybe english is not your first language?
I’ve been trying to explain that the reason why I published my post is that I wasn’t going to tolerate any of Mr.Andy’s actions and behavior.
I’ve been crystal clear that I needed and wanted the issues fixed, now I’m not going to compensate anyone for something that hasn’t done at all.
I felt really sorry that I had to resort to this measures, but really the tone and aggravated terms filled with blackmail and insults left me no recourse.

Obviously if you insult me and offer a side to someone with your reply insinuating that I might not be willing to pay for the development services, you have it coming. I mean all I’m doing here is paying for development services but as a rule of thumb I can compensate only for work done.

On the other hand I sincerely thank you for being part of the discussion and for all the insights provided.

Please kindly do forward me your email address and skype handle will be glad to get in touch concerning the topic and for other grav related issues. (There seems to be many).
I will be glad to compensate you or anyone else that actually address and solve issues on my site.

Excuse me, I can ask how to post ???