Unable to Load Website Content After Updating Plugins

I’m encountering difficulties with loading website content after updating plugins in Grav CMS, and I’m seeking assistance to resolve it.

Background: I use Grav CMS to power my website and regularly update plugins to ensure optimal performance and security. However, after performing plugin updates recently, I noticed that certain pages or sections of my website are no longer loading properly, displaying errors, or appearing blank.

Issue: The main problem arises when attempting to access specific pages or sections of my website after updating plugins in Grav CMS. Instead of displaying the expected content, I’m encountering errors such as “500 Internal Server Error” or “Page Not Found.” Additionally, some pages may load partially but fail to render certain elements or display content as intended.

Troubleshooting: Here are the steps I’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue so far:

1. Checked the Grav CMS error logs for any relevant error messages or warnings that could indicate the source of the issue.
  2. Rolled back plugin updates to their previous versions to see if the problem persists.
  3. Tested the website on different web browsers and devices to determine if the issue is specific to a particular environment.
  4. Reviewed the plugin documentation and release notes for any known compatibility issues or troubleshooting steps related to the latest updates.

Observations: Despite these efforts, I’m still unable to resolve the issue with loading website content after updating plugins in Grav CMS. This limitation disrupts the functionality and user experience of my website and requires urgent attention to restore full access to the content.

Request for Assistance: If anyone has encountered similar issues with website content not loading properly after updating plugins in Grav CMS or has suggestions for troubleshooting steps or solutions, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Ensuring the stability and reliability of my website is crucial for maintaining visitor engagement and achieving business objectives, and I’m eager to find a resolution to this problem.

Thank you for your assistance and expertise!

@joeroot, Have you had a chance to read The art of asking great questions?

Please do take the time to read it and update your post with relevant technical information.

To be fair, it looks to me like @joeroot has taken a lot of this on board. The problem is well explained in broad terms but much too light on technical detail to offer help.

Though we’re looking for a technical fix, your real problem IMHO is process …

Yes. I take precautions for that very reason.

So you need to protect yourself against these problems!

It’s unhelpful to admonish you, but I do think you need to come out of this problem resolving to make sure this can’t happen again. There are many options available to you, including at a minimum:

• maintaining test and/or development versions of your site
  • making backups before upgrades.

Another quick troubleshooting tip FYI:

If you’re getting server errors and 404 pages, no point wasting time trying different browsers. That’s not where the problem is.

Hope that helps.

For me it sound like a full Grav upgrade, and not just plugins update. Or some plugin is used on most pages and it causes issues. If it really was just plugins update, try disabling one by one and see if that helps

Thank you for your response! I appreciate your suggestion to consider a full Grav upgrade rather than solely focusing on plugin updates. I’ll definitely explore that possibility further.

Regarding your suggestion to disable plugins one by one to identify the culprit, that sounds like a practical approach. I’ll start by disabling plugins that are commonly used across multiple pages and see if that helps isolate the issue. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll keep you updated on my progress. Thanks again for your assistance!