Transferring Sites

Greetings!

I have a feeling this questions has been asked, but my search turned up nothing. Really liking Grav but big learning curve foe me:)

If I build a site on a test server, are there any special things I need to do when transferring to the final home?

Replacing a bunch of WordPress sites and really like to get new Grav site 100% ready before deleting WP files.

Many thanks in advance.

If I build a site on a test server, are there any special things I need to do when transferring to the final home?

Unless you have any hard-coded link in your templates/pages, you can just move around the whole folder and it should work fine.

Of course, setting up a new test instance (as a simple copy of the original one, but on a different URL) before deleting your old website is never not a bad idea.

Otherwise, you can just backup the files from Wordpress, just in case, to be sure.

Good luck with your migration!

Thanks! That sure is simple, love it.

Generally, you want to move the /user/ folder, nothing else. And even with that, make sure that the config files (system.yaml and site.yaml) is set up for use on a live server. Everything apart from the /user/ folder holds system files, no configuration or content, and it is better to not overwrite these files server-side.

Thanks for tips Gingah!