Server error 500 on Azure Web App deployment

I created an Azure Web App and added GitHub as source. From there the Core+Admin was automatically deployed to the /sites/wwwroot directory on the Web App instance.
When accessing the site I get an 500 error, but if I add a simple info.php file and call that directly I get all the PHP info nicely displayed.
How should I go on to troubleshoot this? BTW, I rereated and redeployed everyting twice, just to be sure…

Self-reply: I just checked the PHP requirements and it should be 5.5 for Grav. Azure deploys WebApps with 5.4.42. That would mean I cannot deploy Grav in Azure WebApps since I have no control over the deployed software stack in WebApps…?

It may be that Grav can no longer run on Azure. We have upped our requirements to PHP 5.5.9+ because PHP 5.4 is no longer supported. It would be a shame if Azure does not provide any supported versions of PHP, but I’ll look into it.

Actually looks like you can change the PHP version to something newer: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-php-configure/

It looks like it supports PHP 5.5 and 5.6. Go with 5.6 :slight_smile:

I did update the PHP version in the portal restarted the WebApp instance and things changed, but now I get redirected to ‘/admin’ with the single line of text “The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”.

Check you moved web.config from the Grav /webserver-configs folder to the Grav root

Thanks. That did it (totally overlooked the missing web.config in wwwroot…)