Running grav after installation in root web folder

what is the terminal output if you call the address in your browser.

important: don’t close your terminal after step 3

My browser says:

"Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required ‘Users/Lotte/werk/web/grav/router.php’ (include_path=’.:’) in Unknown on line 0"

Mac unzipped the files automatically and yes they are in that folder, I deleted it now and downloaded it again and put the whole folder in the right location.

no luck!

I also checked the files and they are all there - the hidden ones it doesn’t show me but if I’ve copied the whole folder I can trust that they are there, right? Trying terminal to get finder to show the hidden files didn’t work…

Is it normal that there is no router.php in the folder?

you have to put the unzipped files in that location not the folder

the error message clearly says that there are no files/wrong directory!

the router.php is in the grav system folder

Users/Lotte/werk/web/grav/router.php is not there, but Users/Lotte/werk/web/grav/system/router.php is… still no luck though. I give up and I’ll ask someone to help me. Thanks Arank for all your help!

I got it to run now in my browser, it says you have successfully installed GRAV:-) (when I go online to the location where I ftp’ed it to). The only thing is, should I still get it to run locally with localhost? And why?

finally glad you managed it to get it run.
local, or on your webspace. it’s your choice how you want to test/develop your homepage with grav.
but it should work local too. (if you want to develop without internet connection)

Thanks Arank!!! I’ll fiddle around some more locally and it it doesn’t work I’ll just forget that and start developing online (that would be ok since I’m always doing that at home with WiFi).