Overriding email to in contact form not working

Hello,

I’m relatively new to Grav and I’m trying to use multiple contact forms on my new site.
So far everything works fine: the forms are displayed correctly and emails are sent.

What I’m trying to achieve is that every contact form is sending mails to different mail-addresses. So I’m overriding the “to-address” in the process part of my form but this doesn’t work. The mails are always sent to the “to-address” from the email-plugin.

Am I missing something?

Best regards,
Thorsten

@thorsten, According the section Emails sent with Forms in the docs of the email plugin, several properties of an email can be overridden. The to-address you mention is not one of them, but to is…

From the docs:

title: Custom form

form:
  name: custom_form
  fields:

# Any fields you'd like to add to the form:
    # Their values may be referenced in email actions via '{{ form.value.FIELDNAME|e }}'

process:
    email:
      subject: "[Custom form] {{ form.value.name|e }}"
      body: "{% include 'forms/data.txt.twig' %}"
      from_name: 'Custom sender name'
      to: recipient@example.com
      to_name: 'Custom recipient name'
      content_type: 'text/plain'
      process_markdown: true

To test, I copied the form definition from the Example Contact Form and tried the field to with different addresses. The emails did arrive at the correct mailboxes.

I tried this example too. But it doesn’t work.
Mails are always sent to the default address from the default-configuration.

Can this be a theming-problem?

@thorsten, Easy to find out… Use a fresh install of Grav 1.6.23 + Quark and see what happens…

In my fresh install + Quark the contact form works fine.

So finally I discovered my mistake.
Here is my “lesson learned” if somebody else is having this problem:

After doing a fresh local install the contact form worked fine for me too. So I used this form in my original website but it stopped working again.
I started to change the original form.md file and realized that my changes didn’t have any effect. Maybe it was a caching problem? So I deactivated caching but still the same.

So I started to modify my form.md file piece by piece … still no effect. Until I finally changed the name/id of my contact and then everything worked fine.

Solution: if you have several contact forms on your site be sure to give any form an unique name/id. :grinning:

1 Like