I’m a new Grav user and enjoying the concept of it all so far! I have a few questions on setting up a multisite instance. I’ve looked through the forum and there is some feedback out there on setting things up, but I’m still missing a few key fundamentals to fully understand how it all works and what I need to do:
Here’s my current and planned setup:
- 1 domain, and 2 sub domains. (i.e. mywebsite.com, blog.mywebsite.com, and docs.mywebsite.com)
- I’d like the Admin panel to be in one place (mywebsite.com) to not have 3 unique admin panels.
- Ideally, for the themes on the sub-domains I’d like those to extend from the main theme on mywebsite.com
- I have a sites folder that contains the 2 sub-domains listed above and in each of those I have folders (config, pages, plugins, themes)
- I’m using MAMP (not MAMP Pro) to be able to run locally
- I have my setup.php file in place with what I think is the right code…
I read through the links below which had some great info:
- Now that I’ve done part of the multisite setup, I’m not sure where to go or what to do next?
- Should I be seeing something in the admin panel?
- How do I create pages through the Admin panel for those sub-domains?
- Do I need to setup a VirtualHost in order to make this work locally or is there a more simple way? (I’m decent at Front End Dev, but a noob at server and/or host stuff) https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/vhosts/examples.html
Any help or advice would be awesome! Bottom line I’m just stuck and unsure what I need to be doing next.