Multisite inheritance question

@-l-l- Setting up a site with sub-domains should be easy. Just configure them as usual and point them to the grav install (root directory e.g. html/grav). The rest does Grav.

But if you really insist on having subfolders as mutliple sites you either have to write up something for your own or put every sub-site into a different folder and consider Themer to use different themes.

Just started to play with directories as subdomains only give med ā€œThis site canā€™t be reachedā€ so far ^^

Did you used my setup.php? It should work, really. Make sure that there is a user/sites/<subsite.with.domain>/pages folder.

digging in to it, thinking it is my virtual host messing the subdomain upā€¦

@-l-l- when using subdomains keep this in mind from the docs:

If you choose sub-domains for structuring your website network, then you will have to configure (wildcard) sub-domains on your server in addition to the setup of your subsites in your user/sites directory.

How you do this depends on your environment, but I use MAMP Pro to setup local environments and itā€™s super easy to handle subdomains using the Alias feature.

omg lol, sometimes is very nice to lear something new like vhost server alias can handle multiple urls, and wildcard! as always, many thanks for inputs.

@Sommerregen, very valid approach to make a pro plugin for it!
However subdir was just for educational purpose, now subdom is up and running and probably better for anything.

So about the previous mention regarding overriding plugins / themes or just parts of them from subdomain - eg, if a needed folder (or file) is missing from subdom -> get it from main. Would this be a valid thing to do from setup.php?

@-l-l- Glad you sorted it :smiley: I think you can now try it on your own. Use the above setup.php and create a theme in your subsite themes folder using theme inheritance and you will see some magic;)

oh there we got some goodies :smiley: really nice!

Thanks for erything! Ill mos def read up

iā€™m totally lost. ok so i past your setup.phpon the folder www.

If i had a domain name with : www.toto.com
and a subdomain www.blog.toto.com

I have to create a folder in user named sites/blog.toto/pages ?

thatā€™s right ?

You need two folders actually. One user/sites/toto.com and another one user/sites/blog.toto.com with its own pages, accounts and config folders. Themes and plugins are shared between these two sites, but each can have its own themes and plugins in their folders themes and plugins respectively.

Wait, maybe you have to add the www in front, e.g. user/sites/www.toto.com and user/sites/www.blog.toto.com.

So each domain and subdomain will have its own admin control panel ? ( iā€™m trying the thing your wrote )

Yes, they have. They are independent from each other.

I have this /www/user/pages does not exist i put the pages folders on each.
user/sites/toto.com
user/sites/blog.toto.com