I’m trying to get a website running locally with multisite. It works properly already as signle site. I’m using Multisite Setup | Grav Documentation as a guide. The goal is to have the subdirectory site inherit theme, but have different page content, so we only need to track it’s differences from the main site. (mainly different pages, same theme). Lastly, the one requirement is no symlinks, it would be great to achieve this naturally through Grav.
So far, I:
- Created the proper setup.php file in the root (
setup_subdirectory.phpnoted on Multisite Setup | Grav Documentation)
- Created the
env/mysubdomain/folder with pages, plugins, themes, and config.
– The config folder has system.yaml with the theme set to the main theme (it tries loading quark otherwise)
– The pages folder has a home page
– The plugins folder is empty (no unique plugins needed on this subdirectory)
– The themes folder is empty
Initially, when trying to view the page,
Theme ‘main-theme’ does not exist, unable to display page.
shows. I can’t copy the theme out of the user/themes directory since the main site uses it there.
How would I set it up where a subdirectory website would use that main theme? I tried even making a child theme that inherits off of that main theme but since the main theme is in the user folder and not in env, I get the ‘theme not found’ error still.