Multilingual sites and format of dates

Hi community!
I use theme Quark, because is clean and beauty.
I changed the language according to this article: Multi-Language | Grav Documentation
The theme that used on my blog page shows the date in English, even after I changed to my language. My website:

How can I solve this problem?

@UtherboneDEV, Have you tried searching the forum using for example: “multi language date”?

The first two hits will provide two different solutions. See if these may solve your issue.

1 Like

And since these two topics I now have a third solution :slight_smile:
If you don’t mind extending a theme and its templates, here’s a plugin

1 Like

pamtbaau. Go Post

@UtherboneDEV, Have you tried searching the forum using for example: “multi language date”?

The first two hits will provide two different solutions. See if these may solve your issue.

I did not try, sorry, I tried to search with different words

Karmalakas. Go post

And since these two topics I now have a third solution :slight_smile:
If you don’t mind extending a theme and its templates, here’s a plugin

I don’t mind extending a theme and its templates, thanks.
I will read the other two topics as well and attach them here if they are good solution for this case.

@Karmalakas, hi thanks for make the plugin.
I have problem. This plugin don’t work on Quark Theme. not understand the problem.

Regards,
Gabriel

@UtherboneDEV, I think it is more convenient for the developer of a plugin if issues are being reported at the repo of the plugin itself: Issues · Karmalakas/grav-plugin-translate-date · GitHub.

1 Like

@UtherboneDEV, it won’t work just like that. As I mentioned, you have to extend Quark theme and add the |td filter to the dates in templates where you need it

I didn’t think it would be a plugin problem, but rather something with templete so I didn’t send an insue request in the repository

I looked at your repository and saw the statement about filter |td. I tried the following in language file, however I get a grav treated error in full screen showing that this file has unknown syntax/ word error:

en:
  PLUGIN_TRANSLATE_DATE:
    F: ['January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December']
    M: ['Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun', 'Jul', 'Aug', 'Sep', 'Oct', 'Nov', 'Dec']
    l: ['Monday', 'Tuesday', 'Wednesday', 'Thursday', 'Friday', 'Saturday', 'Sunday']
    D: ['Mon', 'Tue', 'Wed', 'Thu', 'Fri', 'Sat', 'Sun']

I’m a little ingrave about Grav, could you guide me or update your repository with additional information that might help?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I know that you should be busy, I will study the documentation of Grav, to contribute here in the forum.

Regards,
Gabriel

At least the snippet you posted here is a valid Yaml. Could you open an issue afterall and provide as much info as possible? Like full Grav error and maybe full language file? I suspect some other lines might cause the error