I'd like to know if there's a good option for 'watermarking' images

I’ve searched and found a lot of solutions, but really am searching for a form of an ‘embedded’ way of watermarking images with our company logo during uploading.

Is this planned for a future version ? Or is there already a working solution for this?

use adobe lightroom, there is a built in feature for this, I doubt that this kind of project would be on the Grav Roadmap

you could have an upload script do this with image magik and a transparent png or svg file and some fiddling. This sounds like a great idea for a plugin. This might be exactly what you need…

Grav currently uses Gregwar for image-handling, which uses GD (and soon, hopefully ImageMagick will be superceding that). Without much modification, this could be leveraged to Watermark from Grav’s image-handling capability - though a plugin would currently have to be written to accomplish it.

Pretty sure the Gregwar library supports watermarking, although I’m not sure if we expose enough of the library to support that easily. Maybe create an issue about this here: https://github.com/getgrav/grav/issues

Thanks, I’ve made an issue/request for this. #647.