Grav in a shared host environment; admin directory & .htaccess not found

Maybe we’ll find out where the problem is! — feeling excited

Well… first of all I should let you guys know that I’m running the High Sierra beta, so I’m using Safari 11. I don’t have a machine with whatever production version of Safari is out there, so my tests may be invalid.

The password tooltip:

“Password must contain at least one number and one uppercase and lowercase letter, and at least 8 or more characters”

appears in the source for the admin register page, it just seems like Safari isn’t picking it up :man_shrugging:

This is starting to get a bit of topic so hopefully we’ll be able to get @cragun sorted out at some point :sunglasses:

edit: also this will work

Hey,

Reporting back. I’m able to create the problem at will. (BTW, deleting the .yaml file worked great.)

Set up:
Upload grav .zip file; unzip on server.
OSX: Sierra 10.12.3
Safari: Version 10.0.3
Directory: www.mysite.com/Documents/grav2/grav-admin

When I go to the root directory for the first time, I get routed to the admin screen to create the first user.

When I type in the password (incorrectly formed) and tab to the next field, I see no error message at all. (Image below)

IMO, an error message should appear if the password is not acceptable the minute that field loses focus. (BTW, I didn’t use that password…)

I don’t get a message on leaving the second field. (Image below)

I don’t get a message when I press Create User. There is a little bit of a flash (like the page gets reloaded) and the save password prompt appears at the top of the browser (image 3). And I have to fill in the form again. A .yaml file has not been created.

I can repeat this forever, and a user never gets created.

As mentioned, this all works on Chrome. Shall I open a defect report?

Regards,

Brian

Things are running quite smoothly, I can add and display content pages. The only thing I’m noticing is an error message every time I enter the admin console:

403 Forbidden
Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /home/cragun/public_html/Documents/grav2/grav-admin/admin/notifications.json/task:processNotifications
on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Trying to figure out a way to fix this without CLI.

I opened a defect for the missing safari message:

Regards,

Brian

2 Likes

Cool, we’re getting there! :sunglasses:

Your 403 could be something like this, or the issue that is documented here from this discussion.

Definitely a bug that the admin create user page is not displaying errors on submit. I’ll make sure that issues gets fixed.

2 Likes