Empty content for meta name"description"

I’m currently working on a forked theme and I’m facing an issue with the insertion of meta name= "description".

Indeed, while everything works with post and page templates, this metadata doesn’t return any content for the homepage. Where it should be something as <meta name="description" content="{{ site.description }}"/> for example, the generated code remains only this single line : <meta name="description" /> without any content).

I looked for any solution on this forum, but I don’t think that this issue is related to this question for example (because I don’t use same extensions). Nevertheless, an extension (grav-plugin-seo) is installed to manage metadata: I have checked its configuration and everything seems working for the homepage in the admin panel.

As I don’t understand all the subtleties of the loop set in system\templates\partials\metadata.html.twig, I admit that I don’t know how to find a solution.

After disabling the plugin, everything seems back to normal: it is therefore not a problem directly related to the Grav core or to the theme, but probably to the plugin behavior.