Edit to navigation.html.twig doesn't show

Hi, new to Grav. I made a theme and wanted to change the twig templates to utilise Tailwind. Followed the docs and everything is going well. In theme/templates/partials if I edit the base.html.twig template it shows up. However, if I edit the theme/templates/partials/navigation.html.twig file it does not show up.

I’ve set

cache: 
enabled:false

in the user/system.yaml file for cache and twig.

I’m missing something. Any ideas welcome. Thanks
Andy

@Gibney,

Followed the docs

Which docs? I’m not aware of any docs about Tailwind and Grav…

Since you haven’t provided any code snippets, I can only test some bare tailwind themes created using plugin ‘DevTools’:

• When I create a new ‘tailwind’ theme using $ bin/plugin devtools new-theme and set that theme as the current theme in /user/config/system.yaml, any change will be reflected in the resulting page.
  • When I create a new ‘tailwind-mix’ theme using $ bin/plugin devtools new-theme and set that theme as the current theme in /user/config/system.yaml, any change will be reflected in the resulting page.

No need to disable cache…

Solved. The first part of the navigation files uses {% macro loop(page) %} (which I have no idea what it does. ) The second part outputs the navigation html. Edited that, now it’s working.

You are right. By docs I meant following the creation of a new theme using the CLI

As you said, I chose the Tailwind option, which sets up the required folder structure.
Then I referenced the Typhoon docs which follows the Tailwind process to compile and watch your files.

There are probably better ways of doing this, and building off of Typhoon would be a great start, but I’m new to Grav and just trying to find my way.