Distant site admin

Hi all
I have 2 little pi servers perfectly doing the job, one my internal needs, the other for external access (nextcloud and www)
I was wondering what is the best way to manage grav site on the external ? I want to restrict as much as possible the www and don’t want to install admin capabilities on it.
Actually, I played with grav on the secure and internal one, and when ready how should I push it on the expose one ? Copy files or is distant admin possible ? any plugin for that ?
thanks for any clue ! :face_with_monocle:

@Francois : I have a very similar situation here: my website is developed at home in a docker instance, the live site is out there on a web hosting, no admin plugin.
I just use rsync to push changes from the dev instance to the live site.
of course, there are also other possibilities, e.g. using the git sync plugin.
you could also use sitecopy - old, but still fully functional :smile:
as always, your mileage may vary.
HTH

1 Like

OK ! thanks for your answer. I guess I’ll use same tools (btw, yes sitecopy is old :D)
May be an idea for a plugin dev, synchro and version…

I use VS Code on the dev instance with sftp extension.
This is a developer-friendly extension which makes our development process much easier.
Using this extension, you can transfer files within the VS code itself without using any third-party software like FileZilla, WinSCP, etc.

Some of the useful sftp extension features are:

• Browse remote with Remote Explorer
  • Diff local and remote
  • Sync directory
  • Upload/Download
  • Upload on save
1 Like

nice to answer, but despite I run vscode on mac now, ftp is not implemented on my target. I will think about installing it.