Dev site is *really* slow

The content does get cached, but the Twig could be manipulating the content and that of course would not be cached.

The other thing to consider is that it could be caused by a plugin that is doing stuff on the content. What plugins do you have installed?

BTW, Would be great if you could zip up your site and PM a link to download it. That way i can experiment on it locally and narrow down where the issue is.

Thanks for the tip, it was a plugin. Not sure yet which, but I’ve disabled every one of them and the problem went away. I will enable them one by one to see which one is causing it, and let 'all know.

It was the one called “Related pages”. that’s trouble, something like that is quite useful for a blog…

More specifically it was the content-to-content comparison enabled that caused the issue (which is understandable, still inconvenient), otherwise the plugin works fine.

By the way related pages: The cards-like layout which is featured on the grav blog, Is it ready implemented in any of the available themes? Would like to see how it’s done.

Yes that content-to-content matching can be a real performance killer as it does compare the entire content of each page to every other page. In my testing it didn’t make a huge difference though in the results. I’m going to turn it off by default and re-release that plugin. Glad that’s sorted!

Regarding the cards, I doubt it’s implemented the same in any other theme as I did it from scratch with flexbox layout. Should be able to replicate it pretty easily though.

Yes, it also makes sense now, why the performance varied with word count. The cards thing looks pretty cool, but TBH I am too lazy to do it form scratch. :smiley: The thing is, I’m behind schedule, as it is, so maybe next time. Anyway, I’m sure if you added it to the some skeleton/theme, it would be awfully popular, it’s a real eye-candy.

Thanks for your help. And for the whole CMS (to you and the whole team). It’s been a while since I’ve really enjoyed coding anything web related, but grav did put the fun back into it. :slight_smile: