Adding blueprints to plugin pages

I am trying to create a plugin for managing a custom gallery. Using ‘onAdminMenu’ I add my Plugin to the Admin Menu, using ‘onTwigTemplatePaths’ I am able to display a custom page. I now want to add a Form which allows me to add a new album (basically one text input would be sufficient) but I can’t figure out how I can get my page to use a blueprint file. I have tried reverse engineering the flex-directory plugin but without success.

I hope someone can help me out.
Thank you!

1. Create a blueprint for your page, say gallery.yaml and put in the fields you want, or extend the default page (read the docs on that here).
  2. Put that blueprint in a blueprints/ folder in your plugin folder.
  3. Register those blueprints in your plugin.php code by adding the following bits:
    use RocketTheme\Toolbox\Event\Event;

public static function getSubscribedEvents()
    {
        return [
            'onGetPageTemplates'   => ['onGetPageTemplates', 0]
        ];
    }

/**
     * Add blueprint directory to page templates.
     */
    public function onGetPageTemplates(Event $event)
    {
        $types = $event->types;
        $locator = Grav::instance()['locator'];
        $types->scanBlueprints($locator->findResource('plugin://' . $this->name . '/blueprints'));
        $types->scanTemplates($locator->findResource('plugin://' . $this->name . '/templates'));
        // ^^^ only necessary if you also have templates in your plugin
    }

1. Give your page that template, save and voilà! your fields should turn up in the Admin interface. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! (Actually I think most of this is in the docs I referenced above, but it might still help you and others out by condensing those a bit. :wink: )

Thank you for your response! I feel stupid having missed that section of the docs :no_mouth:.
But still I am not able to get it to work correctly. I am going to describe my project in a bit more detail, maybe I am missing something obvious.

I have a Plugin called "gallery" with some extra directories in it:

gallery
│
└─── admin
│   └─── pages
│   │      └ gallery.md
│   │
│   └─── templates
│          └ gallery.html.twig
│   
└─── blueprints
        └ gallery.yaml

Now in gallery.php:

Using

$this->enable([
   'onAdminMenu' => ['onAdminMenu', 0],
 ]);

public function onAdminMenu() { 
   $this->grav['twig']->plugins_hooked_nav['Galerie'] = ['route' => $this->route, 'icon' => 'fa-image'];
}

I add a link to the admin menu, which redirects me to /admin/gallery. This is the page where I want my form to live.

I use:

public function onTwigTemplatePaths() {
   $this->grav['twig']->twig_paths[] = 'plugin://' . $this->route . '/admin/templates';
 }

to add my template and correctly display the page I want.

From here on I have tried

• adding your code
  • adding a “fontend form” to gallery.md with

{% include "forms/form.html.twig" %}

in my template

• playing around with the blueprint and use many different ones to check if I have an error somewhere in there

But still I can’t get it to work.

It probably is just a stupid beginners mistake but I still hope someone can help me out with this one!

P.S. The final version of the plugin would display a list of all albums (children of the main gallery page), a button to edit them and a button to open a modal with a form which is used to create a new album

1 Like

Hi Avriox,

I’m in exactly the same position as you - did you ever find a resolution for this?

The license manager plugin seems to have achieved it, although having inspected the code that they’ve used I find it a little tricky to follow - I think they use Grav\Common\Data\Blueprint; in order to load the blueprint used on their admin page, but this seems like a bit of a complex workaround.

Similarly, the tag manager plugin implements a form on its admin page, but it hard codes a <form> element in the twig template which POSTs to itself and that is picked up by onPagesInitialized() which seems equally hacky.

It’d be nice to see this being done “properly” using the new Form infrastructure. I’ll keep hunting…

Many thanks,
Ari

Hmmm, it’s been a while. If it’s still relevant, maybe we can look at some code somewhere? Produce some crikey errors :wink: