Set another "extends" to page template

Hi,

by default file “default.html.twig” is extended with “base.html.twig”

I created new template: “products-home.html.twig” with the same content as “default.html.twig”. I want “products-home.html.twig” to be extended with modified copy of “base.html.twig” called: “base-modified.html.twig”.

Unfortunately it is not working. File with template “products-home” is still extended with “base.html.twig”, not the modified version called: “base-modified.html.twig”.

Check this recipe on how to extend base template itself. I think this might give you an idea on how to approach the issue

@mkukulka,

Since you are working with ‘modified copies’, the following steps are tested and should work:

• Using fresh copy of Grav 1.7.3, with theme Quark
  • Create an inherited theme. If not, all changes will be lost when a new version of Quark arives.
    Use the following command to create an inherited theme
    $ bin/plugin devtools new-plugin and inherit from ‘Quark’.
    Let’s name the new theme 'mytheme
  • Tell Grav to use the new theme in ‘/user/config/system.yaml’:
    pages:
      theme: mytheme

• Copy ‘user/themes/quark/templates/default.html.twig’ to ‘user/themes/mytheme/templates/products-home.html.twig’
  • Replace the content of ‘user/themes/mytheme/templates/products-home.html.twig’ with:
    {% extends 'partials/base-modified.html.twig' %}

{% block content %}
      <h4>This is from template '/mytheme/templates/products-home.html.twig'</h4>
      {{ page.content|raw }}
    {% endblock %}

• Copy ‘user/themes/quark/templates/partials/base.html.twig’ to ‘user/themes/mytheme/templates/partials/base-modified.html.twig’
  • Make any change in ‘user/themes/mytheme/templates/partials/base-modified.html.twig’. For example on line 84:
    <h4>This is from template '/mytheme/templates/partials/base-modified.html.twig'</h4>
    {{ block('content_surround') }}

• Create page ‘user/pages/03.products/products-home.md’
  • Browse to ‘/yoursite/products’
  • You should see something like:
    Untitled

Note:

• You said:

by default file “default.html.twig” is extended with “base.html.twig”

It should be: by default “base.html.twig” is extended by “default.html.twig”, or even better “default.html.twig” extends “base.html.twig” as said on line 1.