Menu Level 1 + Level 2

Dear Forum,

I have an issue creating a menu structure that (only) provides the links of the menu based on a dedicated selection of pages of different levels. Honestly, I cannot get this issue resolved. Well, I have already done a research on this topic within the board with (50+) results. Nothing helped.

Some information in advance:

I am new working with GRAV (coming von wordpress and joomla) and nevertheless I have successfully created a homepage based the antimatter theme. In addition I have extended the antimatter theme by a child-theme to easily include my design ideas. So far so good, everything is up and running the blog is growing. I am almost happy :wink:

Scheme of the structure:

/root

/topic_1

/_sub-topic_1_1

/sub-sub-topic_1_1_1

Page1.html, Page2.html, … in total approx. 30 pages

/sub-sub-topic_1_1_2

Page1.html, Page2.html, … in total approx. 60 pages

/_sub-topic_1_2

/sub-sub-topic_1_2_1

Page1.html, Page2.html, … in total approx. 40 pages

/sub-sub-topic_1_2_2

Page1.html, Page2.html, … in total approx. 100 pages

/topic_2

=> similar here

/topic_3

=> similar here

Currently the menu is structured as follow:

[root] [topic_1] [topic_2] [topic_3]

What I would like to achieve:

I would like to have a menu structure as follow:

[root] [_sub-topic_1_1] [_sub-topic_1_2] [topic 2] [topic 3]

For me it seams like a “mixed” structure of several levels. The most important thing for me is, that if I would click on the menu item [sub-sub-topic 1_1] all 90 pages should be shown / listed (= pages of [sub-sub-topic 1_1_1] and also pages of [sub-sub-topic 1_1_2])

What I have already done:

1. Created manual links in the sidebar template …
    Result: the pages below [_sub-topic_1_1] and [_sub-topic_1_2] are not shown and it is not helpful for me to “code” within a template to create a menu structure.

2. Tried to manage the menu based on the “Page Collections” - see: Page Collections | Grav Documentation
    Maybe I have done it wrong.
    Result: the menu [_sub-topic_1_1] and [_sub-topic_1_2] and all pages below are not shown.

3. Tried to manage the menu based on the solution provided here: Modular page in menu does not display ints children - #2 by pamtbaau
    Result: the menu [_sub-topic_1_1] and [_sub-topic_1_2] and all pages below are not shown.

My question:

Is there a way to create the menu structure by “clicking” some check marks to get this structure as I would like to have, without editing more than 100 pages (articles)?

It would be really great, If you can provide me some support. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards Paul

Well, after a lot of try and error and reading again the documentation, I found a way forward:

content:
items: ‘@self.descendants’ ← solution

Found in “Page Collections”:

https://learn.getgrav.org/17/content/collections