IIS - Server 500

I am trying to get a skeleton Grav working on IIS7. I have installed PHP for IIS (v5.3) and confirmed it is working via info.php, but when I load the site, I just get a server 500 error.
I haven’t been able to find anything in the help that seems to apply.

Any ideas?

Did you change your ThreadStackSize per the documentation on learn.getgrav.org as it’s the most likely culprit.

This only appears to relate to Apache. How can you edit the threadstacksize in IIS?

Ah sorry didn’t catch that, probably is not that then. I will point some people who use IIS to this thread, maybe they have some insights.

Hello! mwigss I can try to help you

first off. do you have IIS URL Rewrite module installed?

Thanks. I installed PHP via the Microsoft Web Platform Installer, and it installed URL Rewrite Module 2

Okay! Did you by chance install grav using git or by downloading the zip from getgrav.org?

I downloaded a skeleton (grav-skeleton-striped-site-v1.0.2.zip)

alright. I’ll see if I cannot replicate the error.

I presume you are using php php 5.3 (unless you changed which version you are using)

IIS defaults to installing 5.3

Yes, 5.3.28

alright. Try installing php 5.6

Any tips on doing that? I am now getting a 500 error when loading info.php. It complains that “The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly”

Looks like i needed to install this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
Did that and now it works!
Thanks for the pointers

Glad you got it sorted!

Thanks for finding that. I was unaware of that. We’ll be sure to document this as well. (Sorry to have disappeared like that but high school comes first).